Is there anybody who uses GS with customized key position of ABXY buttons?

GS default ABXY button layout is like an XBOX controller but I wanted to use my GS with like an SNES controller.
So I implemented a function to toggle the layout. See follows pics.

1. no changed top menu but see footer(my GS is already changed to SNES design)
    1-setting
  2. added “Buttons Layout”
    2-button
  3. currently “XBOX Compatible”. to toggle, press B
    3-xbox
  4. currently “SNES Compatible”. to toggle, press A
    4-snes

Is there anybody who needs this?
If there is, I will make a pull request on the repository of clockworkpi/launcher.

Note: It’s NOT change this system keymap. Only change the launcher displays.

6 Likes

Yeah I’d like to have this too

Me too! Having The option to switch between the layouts is exactly what I’ll be looking for once I receive my unit. :wink:

Yes please, I’m planning to switch them for mGBA as well, only have to figure out how :stuck_out_tongue:

Please do! I’m having the damndest time trying to play some some games on the MGBA because it’s somehow got the completely wrong button layout, at least as far as the left and right shoulder buttons are concerned.

Thank you guys for comment :+1:
I’ve made a pull-request so let’s wait that they merge to master repository and release this update.

For your reference:
You can use GS completely like GB/NES/SNES if you modify your configuration (retroarch.cfg) like the following.

# original
input_player1_b_btn = "k"
input_player1_y_btn = "i"
input_player1_a_btn = "j"
input_player1_x_btn = "u"
# modified
input_player1_b_btn = "j"
input_player1_y_btn = "u"
input_player1_a_btn = "k"
input_player1_x_btn = "i"

Have fun GS life! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

good job!

Thanks man

Let me add a super emphatic vote in favor of this merge.

Omgosh thank you very much for this add :metal:t2:

That would be so great. Can´t wait for the new update!

Hi mate! Thanks! But how to update this? Can I do it on GS, or I have to do it via computer?

I actually submitted a pull request to have the RetroArch config updated to ABXY too. I did it on mine and now everything feels normal:

This is to update the mapping on the launcher. If you connect to the wifi and then update to 1.2 it will show up as the last option under Settings.

I have done it. However, in the MGBA, it seems the a and b are swapped. Confusing.

It doesn’t fix that problem @Valssu just the launcher. To fix that you need to change your retroarch.cfg file. I put in a request to change it but we’ll see if it gets approved.

Hi guys,
As @Valssu said, I understand that it might get confusing if you just apply this update 1.2.
The @DisruptItYourself suggestion is cool but GH is delivered based on XBOX layout so his pull-request might not apply.
(Some users seems to prefer to keeping using xbox layout.)

So to fix this confusion, I’m adding a X button’s function now to update your retroarch.cfg automatically like the following pic.

Sorry guys this implementation is taking much time but it will be provided soon, wait a bit :+1:

1 Like

I couldn’t disagree more with that logic. Who wants their buttons to match a layout for a system they can’t emulate? RetroArch is set up to follow an SNES layout. It throws everything off.

1 Like

Yeah, I have changed the retoarch.cfg. But I think I messed up with it, now the retroarch dont respond to either a nor b. Seems like the ok and cancel btn are mapped on some other buttons now.

Yeah I know they can’t emulate XBOX.
I don’t know the actual reason why GS has delivered with like XBOX layout but I guess that’s GS team wanted to avoid some rights around SNES. If not, they could have announced SNES layout from the first time.
So I’ve implemented it because I think GS need a function to switch the layout.

You may think no need to change/toggle to XBOX layout, this is just one part of the design for changing layout.
This function will only toggle the layout between XBOX and SNES for now but for the future, it might be changed more customizable.

Do you have another ideas?

1.2 update log

• Fix screen dimming bug in Performance mode

• Add a new audio spectrum in Music Player

• Define a new simple struct of Game Apps directory
    for example:

git clone GitHub - cuu/Pcsx: pcsx rearmed for GameShell ~/apps/launcher/Menu/GameShell/

A folder contains execute shell script and custom icon and others together
    Execute shell script must be the same name as the directory
    Icon png file name also be the same as directory
    This Folder will be the working directory of shell script, so any other files auto created will be under this folder,eg: Pcsx bios directory will be under ~/apps/launcher/Menu/GameShell/Pcsx/, so you might need to put these files into .gitignore

• Fix bug of Led1 on the back flashing when screen waked up

spectrum_nanqian