Keyboard and Trackball not working after update

Hello enthusiast out there

I have received my DevTerm a couple of days ago, assembled and worked. Now I tried apt update and the built-in keyboard and trackball no longer work, even after reboot with battery in/ out.

Any idea on how to get keyboard functionality back?

Many thanks for your help

1 Like

The “nuclear option” is simply to re flash the SD card, which I’ve had to do once or twice. A few of us have noticed that the keyboard and trackball are sometimes unresponsive after a reboot, but will work again after the machine is powered off and left alone for a couple of hours (possible thermal issue?). I’ve not done a complete apt update of all packages yet, I’ve been upgrading them individually / bit by bit and I’ve avoided anything related to keyboard or X input yet.

What core are you using, out of interest?

1 Like

Thanks @andypiper reflash - thats what I did a couple of times now. As soon as the image is updated, the keyboard and trackball stop working after restaring.

Will try the indivudual package approach!

after just running apt full-upgrade with R01 core, then rebooting I had no trackpad or keyboard…

Sure enough some time turned off has cured that and everything is working again.

So that’s definitely the first thing to try if they aren’t working (before moving on to potentially destructive actions)… turn it off and wait a while.