Last update before shipping (May 31st, 2018)

@hal: been there (ok not me personally but a company I was working) and they are a clear pain in the ass with that type of thing.)

I somewhat agree with the vision of being in the game console category. Because of looks, because of the name, because of the gamepad style keyboard (as much as you can make it to do whatever you want). I think also the marketing you made is geared towards gaming and most of us will use it to play games, even if we hack it.

1 Like

game shell as a single product should be classified as a “game console” for farious reasons. 1. Because of the name “GameShell”. 2. The design of the product. 3. Screen + product. 4. The whole campaign & the USP’s of the product.

2 Likes

I personally see the Game Shell as a game console with a hackable development board inside that users can choose to make use of. Given that it’s design is akin to a Game Boy and comes loaded with retro-style games, I’d say there’s more arguments to it being a game console than not.

2 Likes

Had there been an option to buy the board without everything else, I would classify the project as a “Development board”. The rest of the GameShell could be considered an optional add-on extension.

Since the project includes everything, it should be considered as the final user-constructed product. In this case, a game console.

It’s like a model car is just a box of plastic before you assemble it, but ends as a 1:25 replica. It is technically a car shaped piece of plastic, but context makes it a replica or toy.

2 Likes

For everyone who still has doubts if either Clockwork / Gameshell is legit and not a scam, i recommend browse through their Github:

These forum pages:

GameShell updates (April 16th, 2018) New Progress Update (May 15th, 2018)

When will we have more video of the Gameshell in action? and

@yong his YouTube: Yong Zhang - YouTube

1 Like

GameShell is the name of the whole thing, but the board itself is the Clockwork Pi.
But yeah, having it in two part, the clockwork pi on one box event with screen and button, the shell in another box, that would works probably easier as development board.

I do have many dev board that are slightly shaped as game consoles but are clearly sold as dev board (and they don’t come with a box)

Yeah @QuantumKraken is probably right, if you were to sell the Clockwork Pi mainly, have a second product which is just a shell that goes with and a third product which is the combination of two, that could be sold in an easier way as a “dev board”

Everything on Scheduele? @yong @hal

2 Likes

Any kind of delay, especially one that is a month+ really should be sent through kickstarter for the backers. I shouldn’t have to find my way to this board and go through 30 or so comments before I can see some kind of update as to why shipping is delayed and what is going on. It’s a lot easier to send a blast out through kickstarter that gets to EVERYONE as opposed to having individual people have to track this forum down. We were getting updates on stuff I didn’t even really care about before, but now something important like this doesn’t get sent through? Not the best decisions being made there.

2 Likes

The week has come. Let’s pray for good news :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::smile:

So, it was annouced in lastest update that delay will be 3 to 5 days. 5 days have passed, so… yeah, where are our shipping numbers? :wink:

Considering timezone and weekends, tomorrow (27th June) is the shipping day, if there are 5 extra work days. Hope everything is going well this week!

Crossing my fingers for shipping news tomorrow :slight_smile:

1 Like

It is slowly starting to bother me that the clockwork guys do read forum messages and are online, but do not reply to them anymore. I would out of client perspective at least state that there is unfortunately no news yet or something. Ignoring it just makes it worse…

3 Likes

I totally get you. I think they rather put time and effort in completing the product than replying on everything we say here. But a frequent update lets say every week would be nice to have…

1 Like

only 4 days left in this week, hope can get some news

1 Like

Just received a push notification from a Chinese shipping service. I guess it’s Gameshell!

1 Like

Can you confirm us is the gameshell by entering the id on the shipping company website ?

The shipping information is from their package partner, but it could confirmed, as there is another report of shipping on IGG. Hope I could post the first pic review here.

They call me today to confirm the address, because I filled two.
He said they are shipping today from Shenzhen.