Let's play Brutal Doom!

There certainly is! Although, due to the constraints of how the action.config works, you can either choose a WAD or a PK3; not independently. You can edit the config of zdoom.ini to explicitly say which one you want, however since I don’t know what people have, want or have things named as, i couldn’t take liberties of pre configuring it. Here it is for now. I didn’t provide it in the script, since this thread is for brutal doom specifically, depending on the pk3 that’s provided.

mkdir -pv /home/cpi/apps/Menu/20_Retro\ Games/07_zdmods
printf %s "ROM=/home/cpi/games/ChocoDM
ROM_SO=
EXT=pk3, PK3
LAUNCHER=zdoom -width 320 -height 240 -file
TITLE=ZDoom Mods
EXCLUDE=
SO_URL=" > /home/cpi/apps/Menu/20_Retro\ Games/07_zdmods/action.config

Also congrats on diving in to some juicy stuff so early, since getting it! Believe me! You’ll have some sleepless nights, staying up waiting for things to compile, and trying new things; And of course having to restart A LOT!

Consider installing this as well: This allows you to push select twice to enable a virtual mouse mode. I have configured my game to use two key sets: One for standard keyboard, and one for the mouse. I have the A button (SNES) set to run forwards, and B button (SNES) to fire, leaving the DPAD for looking around. Good for tight spots. As you might have figured, the control config I’ve provided is catered to people who don’t use the light bar. I can make a different one, that more closely resembles a modern console style FPS if you’d like. @lix has also provided his own config that you can try out.