Let's play Duke Nukem 3D!

Darn keeps going back to launcher screen and not booting… ah well, will try again during the weekend

Did you follow these (new) instructions?

If yes, run:

DISPLAY=:0 "/home/cpi/apps/Menu/Duke Nukem 3D/Duke Nukem 3D.sh"

And gives us the output.

1 Like

Capture Guess I am doing something wrong with the segmentation fault… i am on 0.3 btw. Thanks for the very swift response ! At least the icon is working :grin:

You are probably not running the new executable from this zip.

The file size should be 1184008 if you execute this command:

ls -l ~/games/Duke3D/eduke32
-rwxr-xr-x 1 cpi cpi 1184008 Feb 16 00:59 /home/cpi/games/Duke3D/eduke32

The initial instructions have been superseded by these:

You no longer have to build yourself.

Hmmm it matches but still bounces back to the launcher…
Capture Permissions also seem to check out… Interesting :wink: and downloaded that file… I’ll dig a little deeper

Either follow the new instructions to the letter, or follow the old instructions with a new step 4:

make -j4 USE_OPENGL=0

If in both cases you still get a Segmentation fault I would like to know which motherboard you use.

1 Like

The command should have been:

DISPLAY=:0;"/home/cpi/apps/Menu/Duke Nukem 3D/Duke Nukem 3D.sh"
1 Like

I know I am bringing back the dead here but i tried the newest way that was posted here but everytime i try and load it i get the error could not find main data file “DUKE3D.GRP”! you must copy it to your game directory before continuing…but the thing is i have done that and it is in the directory for it.

Maybe try to put it in lower case…try that see if it works :woman_shrugging:t2:

I will try to reproduce the problem to see if the “new” method still works. I need to setup the GameShell again when I have time.

I actually have good news! After messing with it for multiple hours I had re done the process a good 3 times…on the third attempt it worked and the game runs great! Even have it set to the custom resolution. Although I still can’t figure out how to change the image on the home screen but can’t win them all lol.

Glad it worked. I wonder what was different the third time… Changing the image on the home screen should be possible. The method however depends on the version of the OS of Clockworkpi if I remember right.

I believe it’s the most up to date one

Regardless of the OS, you should just be able to put a png image/icon with the same name as the running sh script in the same directory. That will override any skins.

Otherwise, the version of the OS possibly changes where the skins directory is, and also had a different location completely for the default one. Here’s the locations in the latest OS.

Skins location:

~/skins/$SKIN$/

Default skin location:

[code]~/launcher/skin/default/[/code/

If you’re not using a skin, use the default skin location.

From there it’s just got a mirror of the directory structure. Add in your duke directory wherever you put it, and put the icon in there.

I’m assuming you’re talking about the icon as the background? If you’re talking about changing the background wallpaper of the entire OS, that’s different.
You’ll need to put a file called background.png here:

~/skins/$SKIN$/background.png

That way you’ll get a wallpaper.