Mupen64 - N64 Emulator running

Will definitely do, but currently there’s a ton of work to do. Interestingly my mupen64 performance was pretty good out of the box - I have huge problems with the Z-buffer and blitting though… (OS 0.3, Lima/Fbturbo, Rice)

1 Like

How do you choose what video plugin do you want to use? Maybe in my case mupen64 isn’t using the Rice video plugin even if I copied the config file you pasted above.

On the other hand I don’t think that export DISPLAY=:0; it’s needed in the case of @lasvegas because he’s actually opening the emulator from the launcher, not from the ssh session.

1 Like

Following man page you just use —gfx plugin. Plugin name is the same as the source folder.

Two they are combined to one within this editor.

Rice has been standard setting.

1 Like

I already tried. No difference at all. Apparently it was running with Rice since the beginning.

@lasvegas In case you wanna try, I already uploaded my deb files:

@Hawanna If you could run this in your ./sources folder it would be of help:

export DISPLAY=:0 is only necessary from SSH since that isn’t running on the display. it’s unnecessary within the script since it’s already active.

The deb files worked! I have video now, but it’s very slow and choppy. Not really playable. I’m going to look at the config file to see is I can adjust fps or something. Also, I want to change the exit key from escape to backspace to prevent accidental exiting.

I couldn’t find the ./sources directory to put the prepare_all.sh into.

1 Like

That sources folder should be inside the mupen folder created by the installer shell script shared by Hawanna. If you put my script inside that folder you should be able to make your own deb files from the core and other plugins.

1 Like

@Hawanna It’s been a while since the last time you posted.

Any news on this? Could you please use my script and share with us your wonderful builds? Or do you want to keep them just for you? It’s just 5 minutes for you and it would mean the world for the rest of us.

Hey there,

you can bet I will. I am very sorry for the delay but there are some heavy things going on here on my side right now. I try to peek into that tonight but can’t promise anything.

I’ll definitely need your help to get this z-buffer working. No need to worry about keeping my secrets. :wink:

+1 for gif

1 Like

he aint running a emulator(at least not on his switch ) hes streaming his pc to his switch by abusing the browserhack all of this is played on pc and just streamed to the browser

Hey. What the heck are you talking about? This is not a Nintendo Switch forum nor we are talking about emulating Nintendo 64 on Nintendo Switch.

Come on dude, get the hell out… :unamused:

@doodom I think he claims that @Hawanna’s video is a fake, that he is actually streaming the game from his PC on his … “switch” (??! Gameshell actually). He signed up to the forum just to say that : this guy is retarded…

1 Like

@Dowdheur I already understood what he wrote and I noticed he just registered for this.

What I don’t get is why he thinks this is a Nintendo Switch forum or how can it be that he actually saw the videos posted by @Hawanna and thought that gaming device in the video was a Nintendo Switch. You have to be really high to see any physical similarities between a GameShell and a Nintendo Switch.

What I’m trying to say in a nutshell is that some people on the Internet should doble check the doble W (what and where) before posting anything stupid.:man_facepalming:

PS: I accidentally discovered that the :man_facepalming: emoji in Discourse is actually a woman and not a man. Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy?

1 Like

Caught in a landslide
No escape from reality

1 Like

1 Like

Hello my fellow GameShellers,

its been a while and I am very sorry for the delay and all the wait.
I packed the result of your script within a bundle behind this Nextcloud link.

Take your time and have a look at it. :slight_smile:

Will be more active now.

– Felix

Edit:

I got rid of the alpha and depth problems. See video in the folder shared above (Footage). Sorry for the weird orientation^^. Config file also included (Banjo.cfg).
This just works with Banjo & Kazooie - not with Super Mario 64.

The config file also includes control settings. LightKeys required for trigger and shoulder buttons.

if your deb file is ready for a release i could host him on gameshell alternative repo :sunflower:

i also writed a tiny guide about packaging

That video is awesome, the game is running almost perfectly.

I can’t wait to play StarFox 64 on my GameShell <3

I have some trouble finding the correct values for the Lightkeys to assign C-Left and C-Right.
KeyValues for Lightkey 1 and 5 work perfectly fine. I can’t access the others though.

Any advice?

How would I need to adapt this to play Super Mario 64?