Need big help with clockworkpi

First, lets talk about the whole not turning on thing. Are you using the one I just uploaded today? I actually haven’t tested it myself yet, ie the image. I’ve been… very tired! Haha. So I’ll get onto that to confirm it working soon. But theoretically it should work. I run the exact script to prepare my images every time.

Have you tried my response to your other thread?
I have a theory regarding when it doesn’t turn on. If you try and turn the gameshell on, when there is no SD card in the slot, or a SD card that doesn’t contain a valid bootable image written to it, the gameshell enters a strange “limbo” state where in order to get it working, you need to have it plugged in, and then push the “hidden” reset key, located on the opposite edge to the power button. Give that a go!

Now, onto not being detected when you insert it into your computer.

Yes! This is to do with the header I imported from the stock DEOT OS file to inject into this image file. By default, the newer OS’s mount the /boot partition when inserting it into a non linux machine, in a format readable by both windows and macOS.
The older DEOT OS did not do this, and since no partition that is readable by your computer can be read, your computer immediately assumes that you want to access it, so suggests formatting. Ignore this.
Even if you can access the /boot partition, you’ve only got about 8MB to play with. This is for putting files such as kernels, and other low level boot up things that you probably never need to ever touch.
The reason my image has this is the initial boot image. I wanted to replicate the original DEOT image perfectly, however Gcores haven’t provided any of their sources to be able to do this. So I had to resort to stripping the stock image of the first thing that loads. The problem is, partition table info pertaining to mounting is also fairly early on in the sectors, and very close to the boot up image. I potentially could try and work out exactly which sector the image starts, and just write it there, but then I would also need to make sure that I didn’t overwrite anything else. Since it was all in Hex, trying to decipher it is not something easy to do, so I made a compromise.