New Clockwork device: The DevTerm

I’ve been trying to build something similar to the DevTerm over the last year or so, and I’m completely sold on the A06 model, I’m a big enthusiast of the RPI’s and linux in general and as a freelance developer these T100 style machines really inspire me! The thermal printer is reminiscent of the Epson ‘laptops’ from the 80’s and I love it! I feel like the FN + CTRL button layout shouldn’t be too hard to change via the AVR based hardware from what’s been said above? Failing that can be remapped in Linux itself with just a little bit of tinkering. I would also say that if the viewing angle is truly full, then viewing the device as a flat surface or angling the screen won’t really make a difference to your posture, since you can see it as well flat as you might angled, correct me if I’m wrong? As for my question, will there be some footage available soon? The renders look brilliant but I’m reluctant to part with 319 dollars until I’ve seen some actual footage of it working and perhaps some typing. I feel this is really well thought out, I’d love to get my hands on one as soon as possible! :smile_cat:

5 Likes