New uConsole and already has screen burn-in

Hi all,

I received my new uConsole yesterday and I’ve been using it today. I had the terminal up today and when I closed it this afternoon I had some serious screen burn-in already

It is a bit hard to capture on camera but it is very obvious in person.

I’m going to send an email to get a replacement screen under warranty but is anyone else getting this as well? A big shame since the display was amazing IMO. Hopefully it is just this single device.

EDIT: It is easier to see on a larger image so I uploaded to Imgur as well: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Burn-in is when you can still see an image that was displayed on the screen. What you’re seeing is a result of pressure on the display. If you loosen the nearby screw a half-turn it should help.

I highlighted it in case t was not easy to see, but if that is caused by the screw I can loosen the bolt.

Edit:

It went away over night interestingly. How bizarre. At least I have photo evidence of it occurring.

It seems to be a system display problem, occasionally encountered but will disappear after a restart or a period of time, but there is no way to solve the problem at present, even if you apply for multiple screen replacements, it is useless.