Noob Questions :D (got answers, thank you :D)

So, to start I’m a Linux noob lol and really only have 2 questions so far. one being where is the best way to find the current OS? my gameshell says 1.2.4 but can only find 0.3. my 2nd question is what is the best way to expand the partition to handle something bigger (128gb+) I have windows and Linux computer if that helps

PS this Gameshell is epic! :smiley:
PSS sorry if i end up reposting some other topic, kinda wanna see if people found a better way

the latest launcher is 1.24 but the GameShell os-image is v0.3 ,two different things
the gameshell os image is just a whole linux (debian) system,and launcher is an application wrote by python

Launcher

OS Images

And about the expand the partition

two ways:

use gparted on linux ,manually to expand the sdcard after you done the flashing job
(I don’t know about windows)

or

use
https://gist.github.com/cuu/b11109f2197cd482fe8d2c61b8d409c6

run the commands(debian part) from the gist in gameshell over ssh ,and if everything goes right, after a reboot,you sdcard will be auto expanded

1 Like

Or use this community made script: GitHub - jigglycrumb/gameshell-setup: Enhance your Gameshell 💪
Appart from expanding the file system brings other goodies as RetroArch configuration.

1 Like

thats odd, they should list this on the update on gameshell IE 1.2.4 launcher, OS #.# thank you for getting back to me and clearing up this for me ^^

sady tho… idk how to do too much on linux. will try what you said when i have time tomorrow

going feel super stupid lol, but this script do i run it on a computer or on the gameshell some how?

On the gameshell:

1 Like

I may be lil over my head with this stuff lol
Like SSH is a network connecting to the gameshell from a computer right? gussing I run the script on the linux computer once connected to the gameshell?

sadly tho… have to go still tomorrow, thank you for answering back :smiley: