On reading FR500 post, he said to configure directory by going into Setting–>Directory. He further recommends setting up System, Savefile, Savestate, and File Browser. My question is: When I get into the Directory for instance, the System is listed as . How do I change that to /home/cpi/config/retroarch/system? Do I do that using the keypad? Do I use the WinSCP? If so, how is it done?
Sorry, listed as “Content Dir”
You have to make the folders with WinSCP. In /home/cpi/ create a BIOS folder, a SAVES folder, a STATES folder
Open RetroArch, and go to SETTINGS, and all the way at the bottom click DIRECTORIES
Now, point the SYSTEM/BIOS directory to /home/cpi/BIOS/
Point the save files to /home/cpi/SAVES
Point the save states to /home/cpi/STATES
point the file browser to /home/cpi/games/ (this way when you browse for content, it will start you at the emulator path for easier access)
I hope this helped!
Micro007, thanks a whole bunch for your help. I still had to figure out some of it since I know absolutely nothing about this.
Anyone who need further explanation in a step by step process:
- Click the “New,” folder icon or right click on right side of WinSCP open area and select “New,” then Directory.
- Name your new folders as Bios(or System), Saves(or Savefile), States(or Savestate), and File Browser.
- Open RetroArch on your GameShell, then go to Setting, then to Directory.
- First click(A or B depending on how you set up your buttons) on System/BIOS, then you will need to click again. This will bring up a whole list of directories.
You will now need to scroll down to “home,” and click into it.
- From here, scroll down to “cpi,” and click it.
- From here, you will see the files you made. For example if you were in System/BIOS, click “Bios,” and click it. Then click “Use this directory.” This will take you out to the main Directory page, and it will show your selection.
- Repeat this process with other files including File Browser, Savefile, and Savestate.
Thanks for the detailed instructions, very helpful!
I have a noob question. What is in the newly created BIOS folder? The original directory for System/BIOS in Retroarch before doing any of FR500’s instructions was ~/apps/emulators which has the following files.
cpi@clockworkpi:~/apps/emulators$ ls -a
. chailove_libretro.so mame2003_plus_libretro.so.zip mgba_libretro.so.zip nestopia_libretro.so.zip
… mame2003_plus_libretro.so mgba_libretro.so nestopia_libretro.so nxengine_libretro.so
I’m not sure what creating a new folder and directing Retroarch System/BIOS towards that new (and presumably empty folder) actually does. What am I missing?