Really dumb questions of a returner

Hey there,

I just received my new GameShell a few days ago after I sold my old Kickstarter one in December.

As I’m back and have been a long-time inactive here, I just have several questions, that could probably be easily answered with a few links to posts over here, but I haven’t found answers due to searching on my own, so maybe somebody could help out:

• I soft-broke my GameShell and had to reinstall the image again. Now the sd-card only shows 8 GB of storage instead of 16. How do I change this? Furthermore: Is there a special firmware for the new version with 1 gig of RAM?
  • I have tried to use the preinstalled AMIGA-Emulator with a .uae-configuration and the Kickstarter ROM of the AMIGA 500, but it didn’t work out. Is there a guide for this?
  • Is there a new guide for optimizing RetroArch since the old one seems to be outdated?

Sorry for my stupid questions and thanks a lot to all that will try to help me out or even succeed with it.

Wishes

PS: Really big props to the developers – the software and features have improved a lot since the last time I used GameShell. Really great to see that.

Not really answering your questions, but I’ve made a custom image that has many standalone emulators pre-configured, which gives better performance. It uses v0.3, though (the newest OS version is v0.4).

Give it a look if that sounds useful to you. (it also touches on the subject of expanding the file system)

2 Likes

Auto expand root fs os v0.4 img, it will expand the partition to be full size of sdcard

https://mega.nz/#F!IUkxQSjB!d_H9leVSSl6tDP4X0oWnag

cd ~/apps/Menu && git pull  && cd - 

to update the os v0.4 menu items, including AMIGA-Emulator

then the UAE can be loaded ,I tested the uae emulator with adf rom file

actually the UAE emulators has two arguments
-0 and -1

in os v0.4
I only use
/home/cpi/apps/emulators/uae4arm -0 to load adf rom file

2 Likes

Hey @guu, that worked out perfectly well. Thank you a lot. Really appreciate your work and your effort here.

1 Like

Hm. The .adf-files load, but only to the loading screens. Then the screen turns black and nothing games. One game reminded me, that the system needs at minimum 1 mb of memory. Maybe that’s the issue?

or maybe load the second adf ?
I don’t know a lot about UAE

Nope, they’re mostly single disk games. :confused:

Even if I place the .uae-file with the right kickstarter, it doesn’t do anything.

kickstart_rom_file=/home/cpi/games/UAE/kick31.rom
chipmem_size=1
bogomem_size=2
use_gui=no
nr_floppies=2
cpu_type=68000
cpu_speed=real
cpu_compatible=true
ntsc=false
chipset=ocs
immediate_blits=false
gfx_linemode=double
gfx_framerate=1
sound_output=normal
sound_frequency=22050
sound_channels=mixed
sound_interpol=none
show_leds=false
floppy_speed=100
gfx_center_vertical=smart
gfx_center_horizontal=smart
gfx_color_mode=16
floppy0=/home/cpi/games/UAE/Gamefile(OCS).adf

If I load games directly from the .adf file it shows me, that there isn’t enough additional memory, which should at least 1 mb. I think I have to expand the given memory of the emulator, but don’t know where I can do that.