Retropie on uconsole

While I wait for my uCon, i got an RPI 4B 8gb to play around, I installed the Raspbian 64bit, and got a lot of problems in emulation and library compatibility, I imagine the raspbian being distributed by clockwork is 32 bit raspbian, is this correct?

Hi this is why i use retropie its 32bit and works well.

2 Likes

If you want to try run windows 95 and other images via dosbox your need retropie setup first. Then your able to do this.

4 Likes

I’m trying to run games with retropie in my A-06 but i am not having much success.
I added a bunch of systems and roms and they all not run.

When trying to open a game, after the popup letting me know to press a key if i want to configure the emulator, it goes back to the game selection screen.

This is a sample of the output in /dev/shm/runcommand.log

Parameters:
Executing: /opt/retropie/emulators/retroarch/bin/retroarch -L /opt/retropie/libretrocores/lr-gambatte/gambatte_libretro.so --config /opt/retropie/configs/gb/retroarch.cfg "/home/cpi/RetroPie/roms/gb/Tetris (World) (Rev A).zip" --appendconfig /dev/shm/retroarch.cfg
X Error of failed request:  BadAccess (attempt to access private resource denied)
  Major opcode of failed request:  152 (GLX)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  26 (X_GLXMakeContextCurrent)
  Serial number of failed request:  105
  Current serial number in output stream:  105

Any idea how i can fix this?

I configured the following inputs:

• Keyboard: up,down,left,right (hotkey:z, x:Button A)
  • PS4 Wireless controller

How did you install and start successfully? My A06 version, just manually installed retropie, now can not start, start black screen.

I installed this retropie’s version: Debian/Ubuntu - RetroPie Docs

After installed, I can open it from the menu, using: Games → rpie (iirc, not in front of the uconsole right now)

I could use emulationstation without issues.
The problem was when opening a game through RetroArch.

I managed to fix it by deleting the 3 or 4 all config files within /opt/retropie/configs/all (again, in mobile so the path may not be accurate)

Now things work but have some issues RetroArch remembering my wireless PS4 controller so I have to enter all the time in the settings to select the input.

I hope I can fix these issues

Thank you for your reply. I’ll follow this procedure again later. I hope there’s no problem.

Hello i can’t find folder to modify file for use uconsole buttons where is?
Thanks
Riccardo

Hey mate I cannot see in your posts anywhere what OS image you used before you installed RetroPie? Was it a 32bit image or 64bit image? Do you have a link? The link in your YouTube video is no longer valid. Thanks, Julian.

I tried compiling my own RetroPi and setting the SDL_GAMECONTROLLERCONFIG, but when starting Emulationstation, seem to only be able to get either the direction buttons or abxy buttons recognized, and never the select and start buttons. I sure wish there was a Howto for Complete Newbies to Emulation on a uConsole.

1 Like