Shows Invalid sign for Running N64 Roms

I think the Lima driver have some problem with this 2000318 and 2000319 image, because, when the device first boot, there no screen shake or flash, but when come to the DEOT screen, everthing happened. I try to switch the GPU driver from Lmia to aFBturbo in the OS, screen flash shake still there.

The strange thing is, it’s happening with some SD cards and not others. I remember talking to guu about not initially using the 5.4.6 image that is on the stock 0.5 image due to some incompatibility with different revisions of the board. Possibly ones with the All Winner R16 vs R16J.
For the record, I’ve only tested on a R16 board.
Definitely try:
a) Trying the stock 5.3.6 kernel from a stock 0.5 image
b) Trying the script to change from the 5.4.20 kernel to the 5.5.9 kernel.

Meantime I’ll make a script to add another option to change to the stock 5.3.6 kernel.

I’ve tested it on two Gameshells, both with the same R16 board, and on a few SD micro cards: 2x Stock 16GB Sandisk Ultra HC-1 class 10 (came with Gameshells, so about 1 year and 2 months respectively), 16GB Toshiba HC-1 class 10 (super old), 32GB Sandisk UltraHC-1 class 10 (2 years), 64GB Sandisk 128GB Sandisk A1 XC-1 class 10 (1 week), 64GB Sandisk Extreme Pro XC-1 A2 V20 (6 months).

Sounds like pretty similar cards.

I think the scope of this thread has diverted from its original intent. May I suggest that we continue the said discussion in custom image thread?

1 Like

ok Ill continue the topic on the custom image forum

I’m gonna try the 200319

thank you so much great simple tutorial