Sub forums for more organization

Oh dear i wouldn’t expect to get that much feedback so fastly x)
Thanks yong for this upgrade
And thanks all for your comments :smiley:

@yong @hal I think we need a “Emulator” category so all question related to them would go there, I thing that #gameshell and #games are not the best for them

Edit: I think that we also need to do, epecially for support questrion: One topic, one question, and not “hijacking” other topic with similar but identical question. And once the original question is solved, add a “solved” tag and close the topic.

I think we will need some (more) moderator here until thing get a bit more heated as it is right now with all backer receiving their gameshell…

1 Like

I agree totally.
We’ve created the “Emulator” and “Customer Service” category. We will try to close support questions when it’s “solved”.
I’ve granted moderator permission to @Godzil and @aewens. We need more moderators, you guys can suggest, we also welcome volunteering moderators.

2 Likes

Congrats @Godzil @aewens for being mods :slight_smile:
You deserve it :wink:

1 Like

Two other request one from me and the other from lots of users,

quoting @fr500:

there is a settings that reads
“desktop category page style”
change it to categories and latest topics

The front page will benefit to be in that mode now that there are more than a dozen of topics, and it would probably help people to find the proper category to post their topics.

Also, I’ve seen that the discourse-solved plugin is enabled, I think it would be nice to configure it to be useable on at least the Customer Services category so people could pick what they think is the best answer for their question.
If you don’t want to use that category for that, then we should need a proper “Q&A” category where this plugin is enabled. (I don’t think we need it to be enabled on the whole forum.

By the way, as a lot of people are playing with themes, maybe a theme category would be useful, and I think we also probably need a “Development” category

(@yong / @hal)

I’ve made the requested changes, please let me know if I have done it correctly.
The discourse-solved plugin is enabled in “Q&A” category now.

Do you think we should make the category page (https://forum.clockworkpi.com/categories) as the default forum homepage?

1 Like

Yes! thats feels more natural.

I agree, it was fine at the beginning, but with more and more content it start to get hard to untangles the topics