Update: uConsole shipping related

that is definitely a defect.

2 Likes

You may have to post that as a new topic. Give this space to all the whiners.

Anyway, the top part of the chassis should have three cutouts: For (1) the power button, (2) the microSD slot, and (3) the passthrough for the antennae. (Yes, antennae is the proper spelling. Deal with it.)

I find it hilarious Clockwork sent you a defective chassis. Any chance you can DIY punching the holes? Nevertheless, all kidding aside, you qualify for a warranty claim. E-mail help@clockworkpi.com .

3 Likes

Yup. Back in the box it goes. Thatā€™s a bit disappointing after waiting since September of last year. I just emailed Alex so hopefully it can be resolved.

Hope no one else has this issue.

1 Like

Order #232xx: Sep 15, 2023
Shipped notice: June 22, 2024

uConsole Kit RPI-CM4 Lite
Color: Matte Black
Type: WIFI only
Core: Raspberry Pi CM4 104000 lite

1 Like

Just in.By FedEx no prior warning. Netherland, The Hague, Order 235xx from Sept. 20 2023. Very happy.

1 Like

same, got mine already, did u notice that the pi missing screw on the extension board ? and the thermal pad is quite thick to stuck under the back lid

Got my tracking email from Clockwork, Black WiFi no CM4 unit, order #268xx ordered February 1st.
Expected delivery date is July 1st!
So they really have been catching up and I do appreciate it.
I will use a 8Gb CM4 which is why I ordered it without the CM4, might as well go for max memory.

4 Likes

I believe the thermal pad is supposed to be thick like that and squish out when assembled.
Did your chassis have the proper cutouts unlike SBNYC posted a few posts above?

So how do I get my money back, Iā€™m not interested anymore.

Doing business like this illegal in my countryā€¦ I didnā€™t even receive ANY mail that theyā€™re sorry ā€¦ just this forum? You could as well be just bots.

2 Likes

Email Alex above for a refund. As long as they havenā€™t sent you tracking info or shipped the unit in any way, they should do it.

Alternately, other avenues:
If you used PayPal, Protection works up to six months from purchase. File a claim to end the sale.
As a last resort, a credit card charge back may work. (Most give Clockwork Pi a chance to offer a refund before reversing charges. If you used a debit card, this isnā€™t available.) Charge back is available on any credit card through their network label, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, AmEx, etc., and may be called different things. (Discover calls it a dispute.)

1 Like

Be smart and spread it over the other chips not only the cpu. Your raspberry usually comes with 3

I waited a year. Was worth it what a beautiful little machine. Pitty I need to wait now for a new screen as this one is not working. In the mean time I ssh into it.

1 Like

Iā€™ve requested a new case from Alex for my uconsole. I have no idea how long that could take but hopefully itā€™s quick. In the meanwhile, Iā€™m going to see if I can get it up and running to check for other issues. Sorry to hear your screen is not working.

What going on with your screen?

Nothing, thats the problem. Its dead. Tried every thing, but not even a flicker or anything. The machine is fine and running over SSH. Happy with it.

What image are you using? Just want to make sure youā€™re using one with the drivers for the screen.

Yes I tried everything I flashed the latest github image. Carefully read the forum full of useless tips about bending the motherboard and checking connections. I am a professional, if I say its dead that is when I tried everything usefull.

Just wanted to make sure youā€™ve tried an image actually meant for the device. People will flash the newest Ubuntu for the pi thinking because itā€™s a pi in there that will just work.

Not when I am using it the first time. I like to get to know my hardware before I go tinkering :grinning:

And ā€¦ it didnā€™t go well. Well, actually, assembly was fine (except for the speaker instructions; the speakers can be placed in two different orientations and the instructions arenā€™t detailed enough to show you which - I had to guess). Anyway ā€¦

At a minimum, the screen is dead. It powers on and I can connect to it via ssh but the screen never turns on. Iā€™ve taken it all apart, re-seated everything, checked for ā€œhidden filmsā€ covering contacts - didnā€™t find any - and tried again. And still ā€¦ dead screen but remote ssh connection is OK.

Dunno what to do at this point. Iā€™ve emailed Alex.