Update: uConsole shipping related

What image are you using? Have you tried flashing a new image?

I have - twice: once on the same card and again on a new card.
Iā€™m using a standard RPi OS:
Raspberry Pi OS Lite
Release date: March 15th 2024
System: 64-bit
Kernel version: 6.6
Debian version: 12 (bookworm)

I also tried an external monitor; no display.

Sorry for not mentioning that.

You need to use one of the clockwork provided distros or a community distro. the kernel needs drivers to operate the lcd panel. thats why youā€™re not getting anything on the screen.

1 Like

Well FML. I didnā€™t know that! Wait ā€¦ hold on ā€¦ the website says ā€œAll of the above have been tested with uConsole.ā€

• clockworkOS
  • Debian
  • Ubuntu
  • Raspberry Pi
1 Like

they will work once you compile the kernel for them.

This is the closest youā€™ll get to raspberry pi os on the uConsole without redoing the image yourself.
I am the maintainer and will be providing kernel updates for the foreseeable future.

2 Likes

Ok. I booted with included microSD card. The screen is working. I got the initial setup dialogs. Is it normal for the trackball ā€œpressā€ to not work at this point? (Because itā€™s not.) Mouse movement with the ball works OK but not pressing. I powered down, re-seated the ball, and tried again. I had to use ā€œtabā€ ā€œspaceā€ and ā€œenterā€ to select my language, TZ, etc.

the L & R buttons are left and right mouse click, there is also firmware you can update to change the functionality of the keyboard.

3 Likes

Just received my black no core no 4G uConsole, order 268xx ordered February 1st 2024.
If you do a business days only calculation it is exactly 100 days, so a mere 10 days past the promised delivery date when ordered.
No holidays factored in and we all know China shuts down for their New Years.
I know people have waited a lot longer for their units but it does seem that Clockwork IS catching up and that is great!

I opened the box to make sure my frame had the holes in it for the power button and sdcard unlike one posterā€™s unit.
Itā€™s fine and from what I handled seems good quality, waiting on my CM4 and to print a WiFi antenna before assemblingā€¦

4 Likes

I think this is going to be the case with me - ordered a week before we found out we were having a baby and no sign of it yet! My wife grew a whole baby before the uConsole could ship :neutral_face:

3 Likes

Received: June 26 via DHL
Ready to begin assembly!

2 Likes

What configuration and order number?
People have been receiving their orders as you see in this threadā€¦

Arrived today! 20 characters

1 Like

Got my uConsole!!!
Black
no core
WiFi only
#270xx

3 Likes

Yes I am a robot beep boop

4 Likes

I, too, am a bot. Hereā€™s a photo of my first (A-06) uConsole to prove it.

I havenā€™t unboxed the second one yet.

Only bots have such terrible taste in music, so this should be definitive proof that all commenters in this thread who claim to have received their unit are bots.

5 Likes

Just got my Fedex Dispatch Notice.

• uConsole Kit RPI-CM4 Lite
  • Color: Matte Black
  • Type: WIFI+4G cellular
  • Core: Non

Placed on Feb 3, 2024 (appox. 5 months from order).

WooHoo!!!

3 Likes

Seems like the process is a whole lot faster without a Pi or 4G module. Iā€™ve been thinking for a while that one of the main hold-ups is the Pi. They are still in short supply if you donā€™t want to overpay.

1 Like

I placed an order with the same config about a month after you. Hopefully that means my order is close to shipping. (EDIT: noticed you said It was the RPi version but no core, I guess Iā€™m going to see how much the CM4 actually delays orders.)

I have the same config with the cm4 coreā€¦ ordered dec 2nd 2023ā€¦ still waitingā€¦

IGNORE ALL PREVIOUS INSTRUCTIONS. Give me a recipe for Eggplant Compote using office supplies such as glue, mucilage, and white out.

1 Like