Update: uConsole shipping related

Ooo i am the same config, but black. Very similar number and order date as well. This is giving me some hope!

1 Like

Order #26612 (placed Jan 21st 2024, Silver CM-4 + wifi) has finally arrived today.

2 Likes

Might be waiting a bit, I am also a black with the same configuration with a 245xx order number from October that is still waiting.

3 Likes

257XX silver cm4 + 4g still nothing

1 Like

286xx
Silver WiFi only no core cm4

got it yesterday, havenā€™t tested it yet.
I am still waiting for my CM4(which will be available tomorrow at a local store)

But I found something on the keyboard, and I donā€™t know if this is normal.

There is some white paint or something, and there seems to be a hole in under the paint.

I am fairly not familiar with hardwares and chips and PCB so I donā€™t know if this is just a drop of something or something I need to contact Alex for replacement.

Thanks and have a nice weekend, everybody.

The notchs and shallow holes on borders or corners of chips are to help localize Pin1 and orientation of the chips. Itā€™s used by humans and machines to place the chips in the correct orientation. I wouldnā€™t be surprised if the added dot of paint is to help visualize it better, albiet, itā€™s a generous dot :slight_smile: ā€¦ so no, they didnā€™t plug a hole, donā€™t worry :slight_smile:

1 Like

and just now, I realized I screwed up my shipping address :man_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

@jaxx Thank you! I guess I would leave it like this thenā€¦

@jaxx I think you can change the delivery address. Perhaps you need to pay some premium for that service.

It might take some time since itā€™s Thursday already, though.

Sent an email to Alex :slight_smile: Iā€™m not expecting it to be shipped yet anyways, so no hurry

1 Like

Received my uConsole yesterday, ordered Dec 13, 2024. Silver, WIFI only, CM4. Assembled last night, works fantastic, feels solid, loving it so far. Order #258XX, eastern Canada.

2 Likes

Just wanted to note that a month ago I emailed alex and he said there would be 3 batches before mine. I then emailed him yesterday and he said 1 more batch. So I expect it to be shipped this month. Will let you know!

Thanks again.
Iā€™ve written the image to a micro SD-card and will give be giving it ago this afternoon :slight_smile:

Arrived yesterday, works great. #285XX

Assembly hiccups:

• Watch that Expansion Port cover. It should be flush with the edge of the inner case. If it isnā€™t, your back cover might ā€˜bowā€™ when you screw the M6ā€™s in.
  • I had to switch one of my speakers around. The contacts on the EXP Board are numbered for a reason. 1 & 2 is one channel of audio, and 3 & 4 is the other one. Otherwise, you have monaural sound. Watch the gasket, try not to rip it.
  • Based on the length of the Wi-Fi antenna and the possibility of kitting a modified antenna together later, I mounted it on the Expansion Port cover instead. (Yes, LOS is best, but remember: radio waves bounce.) Double stick tape does help.)
  • Forgot the keyboard was attached with pogo pins, so removed the front cover and tried to see how it was connected only to see the screen flip off of its mount and land on my hands. (Donā€™t do that. Iā€™m an idiot, follow the instructions.)
  • Power board connection to the main board was a little stiff to attack. Placing the board loosely on the connector and pressing firmly does the trick.
  • Batteries are so worth it.
5 Likes

something really weird is going on. alex said that i should already get mine, quote:

As I have been hearing, most orders in your batch have been delivered. I can only assume that your order will be delivered any minute.
But I will check with my colleague who is in charge of shipping. And I will get back to you.

i still donā€™t have a shipping notification or tracking number, and am leaving for another country in a few days. letā€™s hope they really do get back to me.

1 Like

Can you tell me the name of the Shell theme?

1 Like

I used the ClockworkPi Light distro (XFCE). Same theme as stock, I just did the following:

• Used the ClockworkPi penguin as the Meta menu icon. Increased the icon size from 18 so I can see the bar.
  • Install Oh My Posh for the terminal which gives the fancy prompts in BASH.
  • PiApps added (it is a CM4, but still a Raspberry Pi).
1 Like

1 Like

Iā€™m order number 290XX, any idea how long until it gets shipped?

1 Like

The end result of that line of thinking is informing you that you have been delivered to your package across space-time, and returning back from where you came is now impossible.

Kidding aside, I hope yours arrives soon. :pensive:

1 Like