Update: uConsole shipping related

Any chance you have time to update the OP with a short update on production and shipment status, @AlexDuan ?

3 Likes

Final update - Screen protector arrived.
I bought a matt finish version from e-bay that fits almost perfectly, for about Ā£5.50 (inc shipping and VAT)
Put it all together and realised that I didnā€™t have a micro-sd card.
Felt really stupid for a minā€¦until I found one.

Long story short, it seems to be working ok.

Iā€™m tempted to update the OS but I am concerned that some posts refer to errors / issues after theyā€™ve updated. Iā€™ll probably give it a go tomorrow anyway! Worst that can happen is that I re-image the card.

Good luck all. Hope you get yours soon :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Itā€™s supposed to be sent within 3 months and Iā€™m still waiting since 01-01-2024

Itā€™s supposed to be express service and Iā€™m still waiting.

Iā€™m order 2615X, if I donā€™t get it before the month ends I will request a refund.

They arenā€™t accomplishing what the shop says, it starts to smell like a fraud.

Thereā€™s one english-speaking Clockwork Pi staff member here who updates a post once a month in this thread. Heā€™s not going to see you complain. If you want a refund, send him an email at alex@clockworkpi.com and heā€™ll oblige.

I waited a year to get my uConsole from the first month of pre-orders. Their 30 business day estimate has never been accurate, but 30 business days isnā€™t 3 months either. Theyā€™re slow but they do ship.

2 Likes

If youā€™re on the CM4, donā€™t bother updating ClockworkPiā€™s distro. Use this instead. Bookworm 6.6.y for the uConsole and DevTerm

Less bloat. Fewer annoying bugs. Newer kernel.

6 Likes

I know he wonā€™t, they never do, itā€™s always automated responses, I just want to add my penny so anyone willing to pay for this knows that things are smelly with the company.

1 Like

Iā€™ll give it a look, cheers :+1:t2:

1 Like

I donā€™t know the order number, Russia.
Order placed October 10, 2023 (waiting time 9 months), black cm4+4g
Received uConsole shipped by CDEK today, thank you, clockworkpi team

2 Likes

I am late updating the thread, I received my Black CM4 Wifi+4g on June 28th. Order No. 24108 Placed on Oct 8, 2023.

I had emailed Alex about having the delivery changed to direct signature required because I was concerned about not checking email and missing the shipping notification and it getting stolen, which my building had a problem with in the time since I ordered it.

I did not get signature required delivery, and I got the shipping notification email the day it was delivered. If my best friend had not been staying with me bc sheā€™s on the outs with her wife, I would never have received it bc she asked me to go grab a package she ordered that amazon put in the mail room when I was doing laundry, and otherwise I would never have thought to check!

And the shipping was not so discrete as to not be apparently valuable, with uConsole slapped on the outer cardboard.

Otherwise Iā€™ve been loving the thing, basically canā€™t put it down, got Arch working on it with wifi and 4g on the 6.6 kernel and Iā€™m getting ready to do an LFS install then follow up with bootstrapping my own kernel and eventually OS.

1 Like

Just received my shipping notice for a silver cm4+4g. Order #247xx ordered October 2023.

Looks like silver units are shipping again :tada:

Super keen to get this in my hands!

5 Likes

weird ā€“ iā€™m #243xx, exactly the same config, also ordered in early october 2023, but no news from alex, and last email regarding potential change of address with no answer.

iā€™m moving in a few weeks, hope it will manage to clear customs in time

1 Like

Iā€™m so happy!! Just got an email that my uConsole shipped!! I made my order on May 11th 2024ā€¦so a it took two months! So happy.

3 Likes

an update from alex ā€“

Hi,
Your order has been collected by our shipping agency, tracking number will be provided soon.
Very good chance that it will be delivered in one week.

Best regards.

3 Likes

Update:

Hi,
Sorry for the waiting.
There will be about 1 more batch to go before yours.
We are working on a batch at this moment. Since the supply condition is getting better, we expect the production to be constant.
We are trying to maintain a 3~5-batch-a-month schedule.
It is likely that your order will be shipped before the end of July, but if it doesnā€™t, I can arrange a refund as promised.

2 Likes

Anyway it turned out a mainboard fault. I have been send a new mainboard and the problem was solved. I am really impressed at how effective the helpdesk is in these things. I really thought it was the screen as this seems often the problem. I had SSH contact so the Raspi was running. Then it turned out there was no HDMI or any other output. Good the helpdesk stept in and debugged further.

2 Likes

I got this massage every month since Marchā€¦

Anyway mine is now on the way itā€™s already in cologne it will be delivered on Wednesday :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Well, thatā€™s really concerning lolz

Wish it wasnā€™t an automated response hahahaha, Iā€™m going to kms

I donā€™t think itā€™s automated so much as cut and paste, Iā€™m sure he gets dozens of these requests a day. Mine was the same, but said 3 more batches before mine was ready. So heā€™s at least updating that number.

Mine is already here expected it tomorrow

4 Likes

Order #25302 (placed Nov 23rd 2023, Silver CM-4 + 4G) has finally arrived today. Device works fine, Iā€™m happy.