Update: uConsole shipping related

China only 11 days holidays and vacations every year

2 Likes

Just a joke to say chinese new years or other holidays always are in the middle for delaying shipping recently, but it’s just a coincidence not that China has many holidays

2 Likes

Thank you for the shipping update, Alex! My uConsole will get to me when it gets to me, but I’m glad to hear that the manufacturing went smoothly.

On the software side, will the DevTerm distro images work with the uConsole or will there be a dedicated release for the new hardware? Just wondering when I can start setting up the SD card that’s been sitting on my desk.

2 Likes

that’s the standard in the US too

Thanks for the update. Nonetheless, I have so many questions?

• How many products will you ship in the first batch?
  • IF you get the green from customs in time, when would the first items arrive at customers?
  • Do you have any pictures of the new aluminum/magnesium shells?
  • up until which order numbers will receive their products in the first batch?
1 Like

Hal posted this on Twitter in early March. I don’t know if it was the milled aluminum or alloy shell or how representative it is of the production units. I think it looks good, in an industrial sort of way.

Shipping time will depend on where they are shipping to and which service ClockworkPi is using, as different couriers deliver to different regions and you’ll probably get yours faster if you’re close to a distribution centre. They list their shipping estimates on their website.

The Twitter pics are full aluminium, not the alloy. They look good, but really want to see the finished product.

I’d like to get mine asap, but it would be easier to wait for it, if someone got their hands and start reviewing the hell out of it; posting pics, showing outside, inside and experienced of using it, just to show us more info about the unit :smiling_face: So that why i’m curious when the first product fall in the hands of the lucky ones.

I’m really excited about the unit because I had so much fun with the PocketCHIP, but at the moment its just not really usable anymore thst I’ve abandoned it. But I feel a bit lost for this form factor and I’ve searched so long for a replacement. I think (and hope) the uConsole is going to fill this void :pray:

I suspected that I’d find other PocketCHIP users here! I love the hell out of that piece of obsolete e-waste, just dusted it off the other day to play some Dungeon Crawl SS.

I’ll post detailed impressions when I get my grubby mitts on my CM4 uConsole.

2 Likes

I have a pocketchip too… I really wish it was easier to get at. The weird JavaScript reflashing interface really put me off. It had so much potential

We all have the same questions.

any updates about shipping stuff ? any news for people in europe ? … tnks ! and have nice day n.n
( kinda exited here hihihi)

I had a Pocketchip. The keyboard was atrocious and gave me thumb fatigue. Really looking forward to getting my uConsole! Cheers

2 Likes

im pressing F5 hopping to see some update on the shipping matter ,. a. bit too much anxious i guess . XD

2 Likes

I also had the pocket chip. I didn’t hate the keyboard, but it had almost zero software support. Lots of games couldn’t run because the screen resolution.

2 Likes

@AlexDuan

Thank you again for the update!

Communication here is better than many places.

I was wondering if you could please clarify how many units are in the first batch?

3 Likes

I got a DHL email that a package was electronically announced to my address. The name of the sender looks Chinese to me as German and I don’t have that many other unfulfilled orders left.

It could be uConsole or it could be titan tent stakes.

Fingers crossed it is the uConsole.

5 Likes

may i ask when did you placed order, I do worry that I hot to wait to the end of universe since the first batch will only cover about hundreds units

Is it possible to share up to which pre-order date will the first batch shipment included please? @AlexDuan or anyone else would know the information please?

Btw, thank you for all the work and wish you a happy International Labor Day long weekend lol!

1 Like

uConsole vs Titan tent stakes… Happy Camping!

2 Likes

It was only the risc module that was shipped if I read that correctly.
False alarm then, sry.

4 Likes