uPico Expansion Card

I did not mean the 4th in top , i meant install service where it says : sudo cp upico.service etc…

So cp (copy) needs to be used in the same directory as the item, this case upico.service, so make sure its in the directory your on by using ls (list), if its not there you can use cd (change directory) to look round for it or just open up your file manager like any other computer and once your in the directory its in, just press f4 to open it in terminal

Thank u so much man , i apreciate ur help
I’ll see how things goes and i’ll come back hopefully without problems,

1 Like

You’re missing a space. sudo cp target/release/upico /usr/local/bin.

Where about? I just copied it from the repo

For those who got it working, how can i control the built in led?
Can i change the code through Thonny IDE?

Do i need to flash something to use it?

Yep, you need to download Circuit Python firmware here: Pico Download
and then flash it:
upico install adafruit-circuitpython-raspberry_pi_pico-en_US-9.0.2.uf2

Thank you for replying,
I’m wondering how can i control the built in led?

I’m not sure whats wrong here :frowning:
There were no sign of flashing or whatever

You can use this program:

Could you try upico install -m adafruit...?
Also, tou can try to enter bootloader by upico boot and then just copy firmware to /media/pi/RPI-RP2

kind of a silly question. just got my upico but sound is not working. do i need to install everything on the github or should the sound work out of the box?

nvm i guess during my removal of some items i purged
devterm-audio-patch. after reinstall all is well with the sound.

gotta be careful with that. lol they left the name because the hardware is the same for the most part. the devterm printer stuff is about all id want to remove.

Yeah im not dure when it happened. I have been pretty careful not to remove anything udev related - maybe an autoremove some how did it. Not sure, but its all good now

Hi all,

Quick question: Has anyone updated to bookworm and then the upico utility stopped working? In my case, I get two quick click sounds from the speakers (similar to the click when shutting down/rebooting with the older default kernel), but when I use upico install -m to install something, I get “Failed to mount Pico drive”.

I’m assuming something changed with the device overlay or similar; is this something that I can configure? Thanks!

1 Like

I will install bookworm this weekend and see why upico isn’t working!

1 Like

Thanks so much! I’ll be glad to test things over here as well; I am just not so sure what changed between the kernels yet.

1 Like

uPico control app just released with Bookworm 6.6.31 support!

5 Likes

@Vitaly Amazing! Thank you so much - I just tested and it works perfectly.

2 Likes