Use your iphone to add game easily

If you use ios devices(you have game files in your phone),you may add games as follow:
1:open ‘Tiny Cloud’ in your gameshell
2:download ‘WebSSH’ in appstore
3:open ‘WebSSH’ , SFTP - ‘+’ - Add SFTP connection
4:Host :enter the gameshell ip (after@,only numers,like 192.168.x.x)
User : cpi
Password : cpi
5:connect to your gameshell
6:go to where you want to upload your games
7:click the icon with a + in the top right corner
8:click ‘Upload a file’ and upload yourgame

You don’t need to open tinycloud fwiw. That just shows your Gameshell’s IP address.

You can use any SSH client. I personally use Pisth on iOS. Better for actually using a CLI etc.

2 Likes

some ppl who know what they are doing use ncat… ijust log into my router and look for new MACs

1 Like

Or just set a static IP according to the MAC address. I’m not sure if the stock OS displays the MAC address, but if you know what you’re looking for, it’s easy enough to find.

1 Like

that’s what i usually do… set statics to macs

1 Like

Oh hahah I didn’t even read properly! Haha pfft of course. It’s 2am. Why am I still typing? :upside_down_face:

1 Like

GO
SLEEP
lol
i normally go to bed early. like 8pm… but i get up early enough to watch the sunrise. 4am.

1 Like

This is … ridiculously wholesome!!! Alas. I had gigs, and performances till late. Gotta spend my free time checking my favourite forum :wink:

Better stop the banter before the mods wake up.

Ahem. Back on topic. I haven’t used the app the OP mentioned, but seem to remember some of them not being very verbose about their operations, and if using a drag and drop icon based UI, sometimes while scrolling, you may end up dragging files and folders around, mucking up the hierarchy of things.

Just a word of warning to anyone who may use a touch screen interface to manipulate files on the gameshell.

1 Like

EPIC lifestyle, live it up

1 Like

What I need is a way to do this on the fly ie. straight from phone to GS WITHOUT both being on a common Wi-Fi network. Would it be possible to tether my phone and transfer files that way with this app?

2 Likes

if your phone can ad-hoc, you should be able to just connect the gs to your phone?

2 Likes

+1 to this. I do this while at work, and working on my gameshell during my breaks. I use an iPhone, and just set up a hot spot. File transfer, SSH sessions, and even using the gameshell as an airplay speaker work fine.
I teach music, so this is actually what I use my gameshell for at work; now that phones don’t have headphone jacks. Just plug a 3.5 cable into my gameshell, and instantly have my phone connected to speakers. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

never ever thought about streaming music like that… I just picked up a usb-c to stereo and plug in my cans with an otg adapter. however, your clever innovation has got more gears turning in my head.

1 Like