Using keypad module with laptop?

Hello,

I’m interested in using the keypad module separately by usb with my laptop.

I read anywhere on the website that it’s possible.

I’m using Linux and tried getting the device by dmesg and an input mapper tool but both failed.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Edit: I found this question (How to use the GS as a USB controller? (help)) similar to mine. :roll_eyes:

@Warrobot10, is it okay to collect the ideas here?

I think of a pop-up (automatically or with the middle lightkey) where the input functionality runs (selecting letters like in the old console games) and when finished, the input text is copied, the popup closes and the text is pasted at the current position.

Copy and paste is possible with the xdotool for example. The input popup could be coded in any language.

What do you, or any other reader, think about it?

Yep, we can have the ideas here. I think that’s a good idea, but I would be looking at whether the built in library’s for input are reusable, because it would save a lot of time rather than rewriting a system and it would also mean we could make whatever we make look like it was made for the GS.

1 Like

Sorry for my late reply. Now I’m regularly here.

It’s great to use parts of already written code. Do you know where to get key input functionality from? Is there anything in the GameShell? Maybe the input of the password of the wifi?