When is the release date?

Has a release date been announced? I haven’t seen anywhere on the website for a release date or ship date.

The only information is as per the web site ordering page.

Shipping information:

• Express service
  • Based on the current supply chain and logistics situation, the estimated delivery time is approximately 90 business days.

The order page appeared on the 25th October, so +90 days = Monday, January 23, 2023 at the earliest (elapsed days) or, if it, as it states BUSINESS days that makes it between February 28, 2023 and Friday, 3 March 2023 depending on some business day / country variations

3 Likes

I think you may be right and the date on the weechat photo of the uconsole is pretty ironic now that I’m reading this. Hmmmmm🤔

1 Like

that’s a nice coinkydink

1 Like

When I ordered the DivTerm they promised August… it was November closed to US thanksgiving holiday… so maybe things are better but with COVID restrictions in the country of origin … not sure it will be any better … maybe spring…

What do you mean? You should not speak like that.

Forget about my words, I misunderstood you, sorry.

I feel like this refers to the country of the origin of the uConsole.

2 Likes

Thank you for telling me.

1 Like

Sorry no offense meant - DivTerm was manufactured in China (country of origin {manufacture of the DivTerm}) - during the early phases of Covid when there were world wide lock downs occurred- now we have another Covid wave (along with seasonal flu and RSV) world wide again - it is impacting supply chains again so I expect delays in the uConsole - should have been more careful in my phrasing -

1 Like

Yes I meant the uConsole - apologies did not mean to create tension

1 Like

That would be totally understandable. In that case, it would be extremely helpful to proactively message customers about the delay, explain why it’s happening, and provide a new ETA. People can be incredibly patient and understanding when you’re transparent but if there’s radio silence they start to worry.

2 Likes

I can’t say much but I wouldn’t read into these comments much. people may be pleasantly surprised this time around with the uconsole’s shipping time. things as of now are ahead of schedule from what I am told but I cannot speak too much on the topic. I hope this eases some worry

4 Likes

That’s also fine but, y’know, transparency helps either way. It would be smart to provide monthly updates whether things go according to plan or not.

1 Like

I’m pessimistic - we have delivery issues at work and long lead times on everything from piping and valves to electronics - everything takes 3 times as long to source. So I’ll be patient and know that what will arrive will be quality hardware - I use my DevTerm almost daily for hosting database and Node Red I’m sure the uConsole will be even more handy for that. Merry Christmas everyone!

2 Likes

There is no delay yet. We still haven’t reached 90 days, much less 90 business days, from when it went on sale. That being said, I’d prepare yourself for a delay as others have mentioned. With the DevTerm, Clockwork didn’t provide updates as often as many would’ve liked, but they did try to update when they could and they did eventually ship. I’m planning on spring at the earliest and wouldn’t be surprised if it slips into the summer. I’m sure it will show up though, I’m not even thinking about it, it’ll ship when it’s ready.

1 Like

Agreed - lots of folks got really upset on delays for the DevTerm but ClockworkPi DID deliver - and when it arrived it was exactly as expected - looking forward to the uConsole when it gets here! Merry Christmas!

1 Like

The thing that annoys me about this is when we don’t have official information, people on the forum who are supposedly in-the-know speculate in wildly different directions. Maybe they know something, maybe it’s wishful thinking, maybe it’s pessimism, but I don’t know what’s real.

I don’t care if they’re early, late or on-time. I would just like to know what’s happening.

3 Likes

There is an email screen capture in this topic. Twenty days have passed since the email’s sent date, do you have any more detailed infomation?

Good News ,The last module has been complete!

2 Likes

Sorry, we haven’t got other details yet, but I feel it will be delayed. After all, the control over COVID-19 has been cancelled, and most people are infected with the leave!!!

3 Likes

Screen Shot 2022-12-25 at 11.28.57 PM

5 Likes