Zx spectrum fuse How to Set Keyboard Problem

0.4 the fuse emulator of the system can work after ROM, but no matter how to set the button, it can not be used. I am a Chinese user who doesn’t know how to program. I hope someone can teach me how to solve it, because many ROM games hope to play them on gameshell, thank you.

This question never got an answer…
Anyone play with ZX SPectrum on the GS ?
I would love to see others settings if they work correctly.

我尝试了几个游戏,按键基本是可以操作,只要从retroarch里设置,但每个游戏基本都要设置一遍,因为不同的游戏按键位置也不同。

ok thanks, I will try that through RetroArch

because a lot of games uses random keys on keyboard for gameplay, to play ZX Spectrum games you may use a physical keyboard. yes, this is not a convenient way, but i tried with usb-keyboard via USB-OTG, and it’s fine. maybe some mini (pocket-size) Bluetooth keyboard is an option, but never tried.

well, ok, there is a convenient way to play SOME ZX Spectrum games - if game supports “Kempston joystick”, just select this option in the game, and have fun!.. to select this option, usually you need to press some “1…5” key, and you can do it on virtual keyboard - just press “Select” key on GameShell, and you should see a semi transparent virtual keyboard with Speccy layout.

1 Like

Yeah this is what I was doing before but now, for some reasons, the keyboard is not showing.
I’ll check in RetroArch settings if I am missing something.

some time ago i had the same issue… actually, i was not aware, that RetroArch can provide virtual keyboard layout for Fuze.
i even modified keypad firmware, and added some extra keys, including mapping 1…5 to Lightkey module keys…
but after yet another Launcher update i accidently hit “Select”,
and the miracle was revealed…

just checked settings for Fuse, and it looks like to show virtual keyboard on “Select” key, it requires file

/home/cpi/.config/retroarch/config/remaps/fuse/fuse.rmp

with content

input_libretro_device_p1 = "513"
input_libretro_device_p2 = "0"
input_libretro_device_p3 = "259"
input_player1_analog_dpad_mode = "0"
input_player2_analog_dpad_mode = "0"
input_player3_analog_dpad_mode = "0"

in this case RetroArch menu may be displayed by “Select” + “Start” keys.

1 Like

Cool! I will try that tonight! Thanks.
It works. Good job!

Hi…the very same issue here, and after a touch of playing around I have arrived at the resolution that redesigning from retroarch 1.6.7 to 1.6.9 is the reason.

I reestablished a picture of a Retropie establishment that has Retroarch 1.6.7 and the console turns out great. It is for this definite explanation that I don’t refresh anything when it is working - on the off chance that it ain’t broke, don’t fix it!

The inquiry is, does anybody realize how to introduce a particular variant of Retroarch, either physically or something else? Ideally this issue will be tended to in a future Retroarch discharge.