Alternative devices while waiting for the uConsole

Here is another keyboard Cyberdeck Hybrid rather what for the desk instead of on the road. Abee do I need a new keyboard again?

#CyberKeeb 2040

2 Likes

As it wasn’t directly linked to their crowdfunding campaign, I unfortunately made an order last week with their “summer sales” for an old Gemini device, supposedly in stock.
After one week, absolutely no news except the order confirmation. And I asked a question, no answer neither.

It’s probably too early for definitive conclusions but I’m not very confident. Yet the company seems serious with prestigious management team and other activities.

Same things as the gemini pda

vuowgwa6cvmuqxany7pu
wteagktz9figv6ogxbt8

:drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face:

1 Like

1 Like

wow but I just can’t say just wow because the thread now checks grammar too !!!

corrupted wpa_supplicant.conf file on the beepy… !!! finally found a micro USB to eternet adapter so I could ssh back in copied a file from another pi into it and got it up and running - yikes!

1 Like

Alright it ain’t really in the DIY department but … its so dope so shut up and :drooling_face:

Generally, I agree. It’s a beautiful piece of kit. Unfortunately, Aya isn’t that great at making good hardware/software. Had/have an Ayaneo 2. It begin breaking down within weeks of getting it. Sent for repair because it wouldn’t even boot, and came back only slightly less broken (cracked housing due to heat, won’t fully boot due to a hardware issue). Instead of going broke on dealing with the sending it to and from China to get a functioning computer (I currently live in Canada and we have to pay insane import fees/customs/duties for everything), bought a ROG Ally. It’s been perfect ever since.

2 Likes

checkout Meshtastic network … while you wait… (key elevator music)

1 Like

Just for the followup, I finally get the device after 3 weeks. It came from HK and not UK, I have to pay customs, and no answer at all to my emails. So far, I didn’t test it much and especially not the linux part but it’s a nice device. However I cannot recommend a company with so poor communication (all other problems with their crowdfunding campaign aside).

Nice work on their side however, open hardware or not, 1000$ is a high pricetag for somethink not really different from devterm or uconsole.

GPD or One Connect and all handhelds PC/gaming console can have very powerful hardware and sometimes a keyboard. However, except the UMPC versions with 5-7’’ displays, they’re often too big to be a suitable ultra mobile device.

After having checked all these devices, we understand how well ClockWorkPi has worked on its uConsole: compact and usable for a low pricetag. And so far, it seems there’s no serious issue.

Hard to compare the gpdp 2 to the uconsole.
They’re not in the same category, the p2 is a well polished full fledged palmtop, touch screen, more ram, more storage space, more everything.
The uconsole is more toyslike.
Note the same price tag tho

Hard to compare Ayaneo to the uConsole. That’s why I included other handhelds very close to this one.

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

… sleek, I love it !

1 Like