Are We Shipping yet?

It’s easy to spread, but still under control in China. We have fewer new confirmed case these day.

Also, only Guangdong is behind the risk. Other city like Shanghai is very safe.

2 Likes

while this may be true for china, we should also consider the rest of the world. Chicago, stateside, is backed up for weeks…
“Update 12 May: Delays at Chicago Airport now measure up to 14-21 days due to high volumes and impact in operations caused by COVID-19.”

1 Like

Well I mean at least the factory work, and DevTerm can also be shipped at next month. It may be some delay but definitely not “may not have any chance”.

2 Likes

i just wanna make sure that everyone here has reasonable expectations… the world is trying to resume normal operations but the struggle is really real. Just because it happens to ship when it does… if we dont get it in one week or two, because they promised fast shipping… I want to make sure everyone knows what to expect…

2 Likes

Just received an email stating that my order was cancelled and a refund will be issued.
Not sure what’s that about cause I never asked for a refund even after recent delays.
Emailed the biz@clockworkpi.com to ask what’s going on.

I hope that gets sorted out for you… I also hope no one else receives such an email…
Welcome @Aurora_Nyberg btw

starts paranoidly checking email every 5 minutes

2 Likes

Okay. Turns out it was a mistake :relieved:
Got me worried there for a second haha

2 Likes

cools down and wipes sweat from brow
whew… had me a lil scare there too.

that means we still on track, YAY!

2 Likes

When you see a working version of this on video, you can expect it to ship maybe a month or two after that.

Zero way this thing ships with no video of it working first.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure the intro video for the GameSHell came out AFTER it shipped…?

1 Like

That’s what I remember as well. I don’t think there was video of the actual screen in use before it shipped and fans started posting stuff.

I didn’t jump right into the kickstarter for that reason, since it was the first thing they made and I’d been burned by other projects. But I kept a close eye on it and jumped in once I saw folks posting what it looked like, the performance, and what it could do. I have no trust issues with them regarding the DevTerm, but I’m still on the fence since I’m not sure I personally have a use for it. I have no reason to doubt it’s what they claim it to be though.

3 Likes

thats why i didnt jump on the GS. i dont play mobile games… so a gameboy? i dont see myself playing a lot of games on it… but i compute a lot. so a terminal is right up my alley

3 Likes

in defense of these folks this is the best I could cobble together from stuff laying around the house…

4 Likes

Yes. While I wait I’m also

cobbling together various devices.

6 Likes

And this one, too. It’s becoming an obsession.

6 Likes

That is SUPER neat!
a while ago, I built a mobile PC… mine was more wearable, if you will…
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.555806087769160&type=3

I keep a RPi with a PiJuice hat in my pocket now and use a Vufine head mount display

2 Likes

Cool! Is that a Twiddler in your hand? How do you like it? I’ve always wanted to try one of those.

Since my cyberdecks have all been kind of massive, I’m slowly working on a more skeletal one. I’ve printed out some test brackets. It will look exactly like the below except it will be all black, all the design problems will be elegantly solved. :wink: Fill in with your imagination all the joints, hinges, batteries and cables that need to go here and there.

2 Likes

You got a good eye!
Seems you are no stranger to niche devices.
2.1 and the 3.0 both running custom chord sets.
That is a really sweet key layout you got set. I like to mine in separate halves… a lot of people knock on Mistel as a knockoff of another popular keyboard, but I like the features of the Barraco so much that I have two of them, now.
Fold it up and stow it away.
The twiddler is definitely the preferred method of OnTheGo input.

1 Like

Is that an old printer case???

2 Likes

Hey, nice Vufine setup … I wonder if you’ll be able to use it with the DevTerm too?

2 Likes