clockworkpi

(CM3 Raspbian) anyone have any luck with EmulationStation

Just got my devterm. Very cool system, nice wide screen. Tried installing emulationstation on the existing rasbian that it came with. When i hop into terminal and run it I get:
“* failed to add service - already in use?”
Tried booting to command prompt and running it from usr/local/bin but i get the same message.
Googling it seems like this might be a memory allocation problem.
So I was just wondering if anybody’s tried this, or if there is an easy fix.
Thanks!

I tried too and wasn’t having success. Using mednaffe at the moment which I installed using apt-get and it works alright so far, although there are a few strange things like the main window running off the screen and I can’t resize it. Games seem to work but audio is a little choppy.

The demos on instagram show retroarch working, so maybe that is worth a try.

Oh stand alone retroarch would be nice… Thanks I’ll check out Mednaffe.
I tend to try to install a game system on any pi project first. Helps me get an overall feel for the buttons, volume, image quality and power.
And it’s really fun.

I just installed retroarch using apt-get and will test it out. Seems to install and run just fine.

Mednaffe was too unstable and had a lot of latency for me.

EDIT: had to play with a lot of different settings and add the nightly build url to the config file for retro arch for it to download the cores. After that, I had to show the core download option in the view settings and point the directory at the core download folder.

So far it’s not bad. I’m adjusting latency settings and I also removed the config to exit on hitting escape since the directional pad is right above the esc key.

This page has some good info at the bottom on configs: