Custom D.E.O.T. V1.0+/Clockwork OS v0.4 image - With Updated Kernel 5.3.6, Latest Lima Drivers, RA1.8.1, Mupen64+ and much more! (Current version: 191122)

I tried other versions, but it didn’t work well, my GS is a version that doesn’t have a micro HDMI output. Is there something related to it? Don’t know how to get the version of my GS.

No micro port just means it’s a first gen one. I’ve got one too, and have tested it. It works! The only difference besides no hdmi port is less Ram, but honestly that barely affects anything. Ie the Gameshell doesn’t multi task on most OS’s. (Arch Linux does I hear)

By not working well, what do you mean?

On a side note, the bios for the old OS actually goes in a different place; ~/launcher/sys.py/bios

Thanks! I tried 0.4 version and it went on a loop of restart when booting. I tried with 200903 version and it worked! But after running for some time I noticed it freezes.

1 Like

It’s a bit cross threaddy, but I’ve mentioned in the proper DEOT+ v2 thread to try other kernels.
I’m still trying to work out exactly what it is that makes different kernels perform better.
Perhaps it’s because I have built the kernels myself on the hardware that is running it? It really shouldn’t make a difference, but beside user building accuracy, I can’t imagine anything else.

I tried 200903 and 200626 both had a problem with the screen jittering back and forth. The jittering starts at boot and does not stop.

Hello! Welcome to the forums. :slight_smile:

Are you posting in the right thread? This is for the old DEOT image. Regardless, I’ll answer assuming you mean the DEOT+ v2, since you did mention you’re using build 200903.

That’s the flickering some people have been talking about. Scroll up or search for the word “flickering”
It’s to do with the updates kernel. You can solve it by going into the utilities folder and using one of the alternative kernel/clockspeed setting scripts. Try setting it to the stock settings.

The strange thing is. I’ve tested it with 3 boards using 3 different R16 generations across two different gameshells in every possible permutation, and I can’t replicate the problem. I’ve also tried with different SD cards. Perhaps it’s something to do with how well the user built the unit/seated flex cables/conductivity of contacts etc.

A thought I had. Battery output. It could be related to how reliable the current/voltage output is of the battery. Both of my stock batteries’ capacity have deteriorated, and barely hold charge. They’re a consumable, so I just replaced it with a higher capacity new battery as a matter of necessity.

1 Like

Thanks. I changed the clock to governed which fixed the jitter after a reboot and set the kernel to stock, then set both back to overclock and now there is no jittering even after multiple reboots. I assume both were overclocked by default? Anyway, I do not think it is a battery problem if the the defaults were set at overclocked because if that was the case then toggling the utils would not work. I did not see that there was a newer thread. I have had my Clockwork pi for a year and really appreciate your comments on many threads. They have helped me a ton.

1 Like

Glad you got it sorted!
My reasoning behind the battery being the problem is to do with a higher demand required by the higher clock rates, and different governors. Given how they fluctuate clockspeeds dynamically, perhaps not having a constant reliable output (ie old bad battery) could be the reason the OC’d Gameshells flicker. This was just a thought I had while dismantling my unit, and looking at my aftermarket batteries.

Meantime, here’s the “newer” thread.

No doubt with the next wave of gameshell boards and devterm coming out, I will embark on a similar journey and make more custom OS’s.

I’ll also try and keep helping out as much as possible. Good to know that you’ve been able to follow the elaborate cookie crumb trails of troubleshooting!