Custom D.E.O.T. V2.0+/Clockwork OS v0.5 image - With customised DEOT interface, Kernel 5.7, Optional 1400MHz OC, Debian 10 Buster, Retroarch 1.9.0, Mupen64+ plus more! (Current build: 200903)

@javelinface

There are two major modifications with the Kernel I’m working that maybe won’t benefit your image:

• The wifi driver is a kernel module instead of being built-in inside the kernel image. This was a suggestion by @r043v to improve the stability of the wifi. We noticed that sometimes the wifi firmware is not loaded after booting, and you need to reboot the system to get it working. After making it as a kernel module I didn’t have this issue anymore. It would be good to know if other people are also experiencing this problem with intermittent wifi. If yes, making a kernel module seems to be a fix.
    To install the modules you need to run: make modules_install after compiling the kernel. After installing the modules the wifi should work normally. I forgot to update the documentation after changing it. I’m sorry.
  • I have a specific driver for the HDMI. This new driver is probably incompatible with the the original image that enables the HDMI with u-boot, which we don’t have the sources to built. My solution was to use a driver inside the kernel. If you are using the dtb files from the old kernel, and the official u-boot image then it shouldn’t be a problem.
1 Like