Custom D.E.O.T. V2.0+/Clockwork OS v0.5 image - With customised DEOT interface, Kernel 5.7, Optional 1400MHz OC, Debian 10 Buster, Retroarch 1.9.0, Mupen64+ plus more! (Current build: 200903)

I had bad experience with snes emulation, but because or stock core. I tested many of them and choose snes9x2005, and as I remember in stock os it is snes9x2005plus or how it called… Maybe that is why he had a bad experience…
And I want to try overclock only for MAME/FBA and VIrtual boy, everything else is working good in my setup.

Virtual boy! I forgot about trying that, since I remember it running so poorly! That was using the beetle vb core. Are you using a different one, or potentially a ported standalone?

Also very strange! I am using Snes9x 2005 plus, ie the stock core, and it’s working fine. That said I am also using the 5.5.9 kernel, without overclocking. Perhaps it’s the kernel choice that’s making a difference.

Was snes9x 2005 plus running poorly on your stock 0.5 setup too?

It seems to me that there is definitely an indiscrepency on boards. There shouldn’t be but there is.

I’m using core for Playstation Classics, I tested many and compiled one myself and all of them not near as good as this one. Here is my action.config file:
“ROM=/home/cpi/games/VirtualBoy
ROM_SO=/home/cpi/apps/emulators/mednafen_vb_libretro.so
EXT=vb
LAUNCHER=retroarch -L
TITLE=Virtual Boy Roms
SO_URL=https://classicmodscloud.com/classic_libretro/stable/classic_armv7_a7/so/mednafen_vb_libretro.so
and I was testing only one game Wario Land. I’m getting around 34 fps this is the best I found…

I tested them all but only on one game Super Metroid and 2005 was best in performance so I choose it. I can’t say 2005plus is bad but it is not the best…

Possibly looks like the same one. Here’s my action.config.

ROM=/home/cpi/games/Virtualboy
ROM_SO=/home/cpi/.config/retroarch/cores/mednafen_vb_libretro.so
EXT=vb,zip,7z
LAUNCHER=retroarch -L
TITLE=BeetleVB Roms
SO_URL=https://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/linux/armv7-neon-hf/latest/mednafen_vb_libretro.so.zip

I actually haven’t delved into the PS Classic! Does it also use the all winner R16 like the snes and nes classic minis? That could be a treasure trove of cross compatible emulators! Either way, the fact it’s using the retroarch would imply it’s the same core.

I’ve just made an icon too, if anyone wants to try it for themselves. If it works, I’ll throw it in the next update for kicks.

BeetleVB

Gives me around 24-27 fps, so my config is better for me. You can try both and compare, actually it gonna be interesting to find out that some boards are different…

I don’t know, I even don’t remember why I tried to test its core :crazy_face:

Hurm, that’s about the same as what I got before overclocking. Doesn’t sound like the overclock makes that much of a difference. I’m running it in “fast” mode, as opposed to accurate, using the buildbot version.
I’ll see what FPS I manage using the one you’re using. I’m guessing about the same.

Verdict: They’re the same core. Playable, but not enjoyable. The audio is far too stunted. Which is unfortunate. :frowning:

I’ll keep trying to fiddle with settings, and or find a better emulator.

On that note, that’s something I might put in. A quick “rescue” script, in case you muck up your retroarch config, ie changing drivers, and want a quick recovery without having to SSH in.

using official libretro core i also get ~34 fps, recompile it with proper cpu let gain ~1fps more

core got options, setting cpu option to “fast” goes at ~40fps

with latest standalone mednafen it run full speed, constant 50fps
(mednafen conf file with sound & minimal keypad configured, ~/.mednafen/mednafen.cfg)

(take note retroarch core got nine months old mednafen source, and last mednafen standalone release was from 17th march

2 Likes

Thanks @r043v! You saved me hours of time trying to find that standalone!

I’m surprised that it’s only 1fps more compiling it for the right CPU. Playing Warioland, seeing the timer going down is now much closer to what 1 second should actually be.

The audio is still a bit garbled sounding, or at least I think it is. I don’t know what the audio of the virtual boy sounded like. (using the retroarch core)

Which then begs the question. I wonder if it’s worth manually recompiling every Retroarch core specifically for the Gameshell.

Wow, where you get it. How I missed that?

Amazingly, sudo apt-get install mednafen haha don’t we feel silly!
I was originalyl going to compile it myself, via the download here:
https://mednafen.github.io
But thought, eh lets see how the apt one works. And it does!
I’ve just been testing it! Yup! It works amazingly well. Seems mednafen is a do it all core, so I’ve made a few configs etc that will work with it, and a bunch of roms.

Has icons for consoles, and action.config files that match up with the directory structure according to the DEOT OS. Unfortunately this isn’t the same as the stock 0.5, so just change it accordingly.
I haven’t looked deep into the mednafen config, but the controls aren’t the way I like them.

The SNES emulator runs super slow for some reason.
GB, GBA, Megadrive, Gamegear, Playstation, don’t run at all yet. I’ll probably need to tinker with the config. I haven’t tested any of the other consoles, since I don’t usually use them.

Virtual boy, NES and Wonderswan run BEAUTIFULLY!

Config wise, I’m just using the config the @r043v posted above. Thanks for that! :smiley:

I redid the Virtual Boy icon, because it looked wrong. And here’s a Mednafen one too.

BeetleVB

Mednafen

1 Like

DEOT v2+ Build 200411
11th of April 2020

1. LowResNX installed, with custom DEOT style icon
  2. Warehouse now works while in DEOT mode
  3. DEOT (de)activation script now copies more dependent UI and lib files, as required
  4. Hidden files for remaining DEOT settings pages included, along with commented out entries in activation script, in case anyone else wants to try their hand.
  5. Small icon fixes, re: retroarch utilities, DEOT activation and wonderswan colour correction
  6. Added an extra retroarch config recovery script
  7. BeetlVB Virtual boy retroarch core installed (N.B. It runs TERRIBLY)
  8. Mednafen installed, using @r043v’s config - but made hidden in apps menu, as most emulators aren’t properly configured yet
  9. Mednafen script dedicated to Virtual boy included, along with custom DEOT icon
  10. Optional: Brutal Doom script
    Custom D.E.O.T. V2.0+/Clockwork OS v0.5 image - With customised DEOT interface, Kernel 5.4.24, Optional 1400MHz OC, Debian 10 Buster, Retroarch 1.8.5, Mupen64+ plus more! (Current build: 200411)
  11. Optional Abbaye des morts script - pending How to install l'Abbaye des Morts?

As usual, you can find the links to the new image in the first post of this thread.
@wizz has also kindly provided a link to a European server. It should also be accessible from the first post.

3 Likes

retroarch core are already well optimized, yet it’s generic armhf but use neon, our cpu vs generic only not have awesome gap
as wario perf are not very constant it’s hard to say, the 1 fps more is only a “feeling”

compile ourself cores will be a hard way without having an automatic compile system, so much work for a really few benefits, why not for specifics core but as a general case it will be a mess

all conf are prefixed with system, here for virtual boy it’s prefixed with vb., for rebind keys you must plug a keyboard and press ctrl+shift+1 :

;Grab input
command.toggle_grab keyboard 0x0 101+ctrl+shift

off course you can change also this shortcut for an easy full rebind of other systems

take note there also exist GUI dedicated to mednafen

1 Like

Thanks for the response! Does sound like it will be excessive work to recompile, for minimal gains. Probably better off just having an up to date SO URL defined in the action.config, and refresh them as they get updated via buildbot, or wherever.

Re: input grabbing, ugh. I keep meaning to find my OTG cable. I’ll see if I can get it tomorrow.
I tried to find out the mappings, using an event monitor; XEV. Seems that the key codes don’t match up. Ugh, looks like I’ll need to use the ctrl+shift+1 keystroke. I’d like to remap it, but ha! Alas, I’ll need to know what key codes it uses in order to remap it.

I’d need to look into finding a dedicated GUI that works nicely with the 320x240 screen. I haven’t used Mednafen on its own ever - only as a retroarch core. Do you know of any front ends/GUIs that could work well?

sorry real combination was ALT+SHIFT+1

;Configure buttons on virtual port 1
command.input_config1 keyboard 0x0 30+alt+shift

you can change this shortcut directly in the cfg file without the need of a keyboard

for now i don’t know which keycode protocol it use
edit, found it, this is sdl 2 scancode >>> https://wiki.libsdl.org/SDLScancodeLookup

;vb, Built-In, Gamepad: A
vb.input.builtin.gamepad.a keyboard 0x0 13

;vb, Built-In, Gamepad: B
vb.input.builtin.gamepad.b keyboard 0x0 14

;vb, Built-In, Gamepad: DOWN ? (Left D-Pad)
vb.input.builtin.gamepad.down-l keyboard 0x0 81

;vb, Built-In, Gamepad: DOWN ? (Right D-Pad)
vb.input.builtin.gamepad.down-r keyboard 0x0 81

;vb, Built-In, Gamepad: LEFT ? (Left D-Pad)
vb.input.builtin.gamepad.left-l keyboard 0x0 80

;vb, Built-In, Gamepad: LEFT ? (Right D-Pad)
vb.input.builtin.gamepad.left-r keyboard 0x0 80

;vb, Built-In, Gamepad: Left-Back
vb.input.builtin.gamepad.lt keyboard 0x0 15

;vb, Built-In, Gamepad: Rapid A
vb.input.builtin.gamepad.rapid_a keyboard 0x0 24

;vb, Built-In, Gamepad: Rapid B
vb.input.builtin.gamepad.rapid_b keyboard 0x0 12

;vb, Built-In, Gamepad: RIGHT ? (Left D-Pad)
vb.input.builtin.gamepad.right-l keyboard 0x0 79

;vb, Built-In, Gamepad: RIGHT ? (Right D-Pad)
vb.input.builtin.gamepad.right-r keyboard 0x0 79

;vb, Built-In, Gamepad: Right-Back
vb.input.builtin.gamepad.rt keyboard 0x0 11

;vb, Built-In, Gamepad: Select
vb.input.builtin.gamepad.select keyboard 0x0 44

;vb, Built-In, Gamepad: Start
vb.input.builtin.gamepad.start keyboard 0x0 40

;vb, Built-In, Gamepad: UP ? (Left D-Pad)
vb.input.builtin.gamepad.up-l keyboard 0x0 82

;vb, Built-In, Gamepad: UP ? (Right D-Pad)
vb.input.builtin.gamepad.up-r keyboard 0x0 82

never try mednafen before so i don’t know about the different gui

1 Like

Thanks so much for letting me know about the sdl to scan code! This will make mapping things so much easier.

I started editing the config to change all the console’s bindings, using your virtual boy bindings as a base; writing out a conversion chart to what I expect the output to be.

And thus; herein lies the next problem. What people have their Gamepad set up as. I notice in your config for virtual boy, you have the A and B in the reversed location. Have you flashed your arduino to have it changed? Or have you got your Gamepad set physically to the Xbox style BAYX format, as opposed to ABXY snes style.

Anyway, you’ve given me something to do! I’ll get cracking onto it! The next thing I’ll need to learn to do is make deb packages to install things incrementally. I think this is the direction I’ll need to take. For mednafen, this will be much easier and a good starting point to learn. :slight_smile:

Future changes/what I’m working on:

1. Doctoring all the icons to be used in the default theme, so there are no longer just initials representing the new apps
  2. Activate the extra mednafen modes, keybinds, and optimisations, eg bios paths etc (they’re currently hidden in the apps/launcher menu
  3. Continue to try and get the airplane and storage menu settings pages working
  4. Do an apt-get full-upgrade, and pray nothing breaks
  5. Provide an optional script to install emulationstation
  6. Add in the gpsp game config file see here
  7. Optional Abbaye des morts script - pending How to install l'Abbaye des Morts?
  8. Fixed some line colours in the settings page
  9. Include “hacker man” vector grid background
  10. Included new mednafen config, in particular addressing virtual boy appearance
  11. Disabled beetleVB, because mednafen is just better in every way
  12. Alternative DEOT Light theme included

yes i got hardware xbox layout, as nintendo set the opposite, yes we need revert it

actually onto the arduino i’ve got the mouse mod,
in future it will be great to upgrade the keypad firmware for more flexibility, like allow shift+arrow by example

there exist some tools to create deb files, have a full look before start

i found this script https://github.com/mrshannon/makedeb who allow create deb files from pkgbuild files like on arch linux, meaning my pkgbuild collection may eventually directly work, including kernel & mesa compilation

1 Like

This is something I’m thinking of including in a future release - and even having as potentially a default launcher, if people just want to have the gameshell as an emulation only device.

Emulationstation.

I’ve found that a few standalone emulators assume they’re in the same directory as emulationstation, that by default is installed in /usr/local/bin
This means that some expected configs/bioses can’t be found. Eg, PCSX.

I’ve experimented with fixing that, making a symbolic link in the /apps/emulators directory, running this after running the script above:

ln -s /usr/local/bin/emulationstation /home/cpi/apps/emulators

Then of course, when you make the script to run emulationstation, change the contents to contain:

#!/bin/bash

cd /home/cpi/apps/emulators
./emulationstation

Don’t forget to give it the executable bit with chmod +x, wherever you put it; assuming you’re running it from within the stock ‘awesome_launcher’ - (the name of the stock launcher)

Here’s an icon I made for it. It should be in the skin folder for DEOT, but here it is nonetheless.
EmulationStation

I’ve updated the config since writing it, including the newer consoles that have been installed. Save the following in a file called es_systems.cfg in the .emulationstation hidden directory.

<systemList>
	<system>
		<name>mame</name>
		<fullname>MAME Retroarch</fullname>
		<path>~/games/ARCADE</path>
		<extension>.zip</extension>
		<command>retroarch -L ~/.config/retroarch/cores/mame2003_plus_libretro.so %ROM%</command>
		<platform>mame</platform>
		<theme>mame</theme>
	</system>

<system>
		<name>fba</name>
		<fullname>FBA Retroarch</fullname>
		<path>~/games/FBA</path>
		<extension>.zip</extension>
		<command>retroarch -L ~/.config/retroarch/cores/fbneo_libretro.so %ROM%</command>
		<platform>fba</platform>
		<theme>fba</theme>
	</system>

<system>
		<name>nes</name>
		<fullname>NES - Retroarch</fullname>
		<path>~/games/NES</path>
		<extension>.nes .NES .zip .7z</extension>
		<command>retroarch -L ~/.config/retroarch/cores/nestopia_libretro.so %ROM%</command>
		<platform>nes</platform>
		<theme>nes</theme>
	</system>

# <system>
	#	<name>nes+</name>
	#	<fullname>NES - FCEUX</fullname>
	#	<path>~/games/NES</path>
	#	<extension>.nes .NES .zip .7z</extension>
	#	<command>~/apps/emulators/fceux %ROM%</command>
	#	<platform>nes</platform>
	#	<theme>nes</theme>
	# </system>

<system>
		<name>snes</name>
		<fullname>SNES - Retroarch</fullname>
		<path>~/games/SNES</path>
		<extension>.sfc .smc .fig .zip .7z</extension>
		<command>retroarch -L ~/.config/retroarch/cores/snes9x2005_plus_libretro.so %ROM%</command>
		<platform>snes</platform>
		<theme>snes</theme>
	</system>

# <system>
	#	<name>snes+</name>
	#	<fullname>SNES - PocketSNES</fullname>
	#	<path>~/games/SNES</path>
	#	<extension>.sfc .smc .fig .zip .7z</extension>
	#	<command>~/apps/emulators/PocketSNES %ROM%</command>
	#	<platform>snes</platform>
	#	<theme>snes</theme>
	# </system>

<system>
		<name>gb</name>
		<fullname>GB - Retroarch</fullname>
		<path>~/games/GB</path>
		<extension>.gb .gbc .gba .gbx .zip .7z</extension>
		<command>retroarch -L ~/.config/retroarch/cores/mgba_libretro.so %ROM%</command>
		<platform>gb</platform>
		<theme>gb</theme>
	</system>

# <system>
	#	<name>gb+</name>
	#	<fullname>GB - Ohboy</fullname>
	#	<path>~/games/GB</path>
	#	<extension>.gb .gbc .gba .gbx .zip .7z</extension>
	#	<command>~/apps/emulators/ohboy %ROM%</command>
	#	<platform>gb</platform>
	#	<theme>gb</theme>
	# </system>

<system>
		<name>gba</name>
		<fullname>GBA - Retroarch</fullname>
		<path>~/games/GBA</path>
		<extension>.gb .abc .gba .gbx .zip .7z</extension>
		<command>retroarch -L ~/.config/retroarch/cores/gpsp_libretro.so %ROM%</command>
		<platform>gba</platform>
		<theme>gba</theme>
	</system>

# <system>
	#	<name>gba+</name>
	#	<fullname>GBA - GPSP</fullname>
	#	<path>~/games/GBA</path>
	#	<extension>.gb .abc .gba .gbx .zip .7z</extension>
	#	<command>~/apps/emulators/gpsp %ROM%</command>
	#	<platform>gba</platform>
	#	<theme>gba</theme>
	# </system>

<system>
		<name>nds+</name>
		<fullname>NDS - Drastic</fullname>
		<path>~/games/DS</path>
		<extension>.ds .nds</extension>
		<command>~/apps/emulators/drastic/drastic %ROM%</command>
		<platform>nds</platform>
		<theme>nds</theme>
	</system>

# <system>
	#	<name>virtualboy</name>
	#	<fullname>VB - Retroarch</fullname>
	#	<path>~/games/Virtualboy</path>
	#	<extension>.vb .zip .7z</extension>
	#	<command>retroarch -L ~/.config/retroarch/cores/mednafen_vb_libretro.so %ROM%</command>
	#	<platform>virtualboy</platform>
	#	<theme>virtualboy</theme>
	# </system>

<system>
		<name>virtualboy+</name>
		<fullname>VB - Mednafen</fullname>
		<path>~/games/Virtualboy</path>
		<extension>.vb .zip .7z</extension>
		<command>mednafen %ROM%</command>
		<platform>virtualboy</platform>
		<theme>virtualboy</theme>
	</system>

<system>
		<name>wonderswan</name>
		<fullname>Wonderswan - Retroarch</fullname>
		<path>~/games/WSWAN</path>
		<extension>.vb .zip .7z</extension>
		<command>retroarch -L ~/.config/retroarch/cores/mednafen_wswan_libretro.so %ROM%</command>
		<platform>wonderswan</platform>
		<theme>wonderswan</theme>
	</system>

# <system>
	#	<name>wonderswan+</name>
	#	<fullname>Wonderswan - Mednafen</fullname>
	#	<path>~/games/WSWAN</path>
	#	<extension>.vb .zip .7z</extension>
	#	<command>mednafen %ROM%</command>
	#	<platform>wonderswan</platform>
	#	<theme>wonderswan</theme>
	# </system>

<system>
		<name>megadrive</name>
		<fullname>Megadrive - Retroarch</fullname>
		<path>~/games/MegaDrive</path>
		<extension>.bin .gen .32x .smd .iso .zip .7z</extension>
		<command>retroarch -L ~/.config/retroarch/cores/picodrive_libretro.so %ROM%</command>
		<platform>megadrive</platform>
		<theme>megadrive</theme>
	</system>

# <system>
	#	<name>megadrive+</name>
	#	<fullname>Megadrive- PicoDrive</fullname>
	#	<path>~/games/MegaDrive</path>
	#	<extension>.bin .gen .32x .smd .iso</extension>
	#	<command>~/apps/emulators/PicoDrive %ROM%</command>
	#	<platform>megadrive</platform>
	#	<theme>megadrive</theme>
	# </system>

<system>
		<name>gamegear</name>
		<fullname>Game Gear - Retroarch</fullname>
		<path>~/games/GGEAR</path>
		<extension>.md .gg .zip .7z</extension>
		<command>retroarch -L ~/.config/retroarch/cores/gearsystem_libretro.so %ROM%</command>
		<platform>gamegear</platform>
		<theme>gamegear</theme>
	</system>

<system>
		<name>coleco</name>
		<fullname>Colecovision - Retroarch</fullname>
		<path>~/games/COLECO</path>
		<extension>.col .COL .7z .zip</extension>
		<command>retroarch -L ~/.config/retroarch/cores/bluemsx_libretro.so %ROM%</command>
		<platform>colecovision</platform>
		<theme>colecovision</theme>
	</system>

<system>
		<name>lynx</name>
		<fullname>Lynx - Retroarch</fullname>
		<path>~/games/LYNX</path>
		<extension>.lnx .7z .zip</extension>
		<command>retroarch -L ~/.config/retroarch/cores/handy_libretro.so %ROM%</command>
		<platform>lynx</platform>
		<theme>lynx</theme>
	</system>

<system>
		<name>n64+</name>
		<fullname>N64 - Mupen64plus</fullname>
		<path>~/games/N64</path>
		<extension>.z64 .n64 .v64 .zip .7z</extension>
		<command>mupen64plus --resolution 320x240 --fullscreen %ROM%</command>
		<platform>n64</platform>
		<theme>n64</theme>
	</system>

<system>
		<name>zxspectrum</name>
		<fullname>ZX Spectrum - Retroarch</fullname>
		<path>~/games/FUSE</path>
		<extension>.tzx .tap .z80 .rzx .scl .trd .7z .zip</extension>
		<command>retroarch -L ~/.config/retroarch/cores/fuse_libretro.so %ROM%</command>
		<platform>zxspectrum</platform>
		<theme>zxspectrum</theme>
	</system>

<system>
		<name>amiga+</name>
		<fullname>Amiga - UAE4arm</fullname>
		<path>~/games/UAE</path>
		<extension>.uae .7z .zip</extension>
		<command>~/apps/emulators/uae4arm %ROM%</command>
		<platform>amiga</platform>
		<theme>amiga</theme>
	</system>

# <system>
	#	<name>psx</name>
	#	<fullname>Playstation - Retroarch</fullname>
	#	<path>~/games/PSX</path>
	#	<extension>.bin .cue .img .mdf .pbp .toc .cbn .m3u .ccd</extension>
	#	<command>retroarch -L ~/.config/retroarch/cores/pcsx_rearmed_libretro.so %ROM%</command>
	#	<platform>psx</platform>
	#	<theme>psx</theme>
	# </system>

<system>
		<name>psx+</name>
		<fullname>Playstation - PCSX</fullname>
		<path>~/games/PSX</path>
		<extension>.bin .cue .img .mdf .pbp .toc .cbn .m3u .ccd</extension>
		<command>~/apps/emulators/pcsx -cdfile %ROM%</command>
		<platform>psx</platform>
		<theme>psx</theme>
	</system>

</systemList>

I tried commenting out the double up consoles, but it seems to ignore that. Eh, just delete the attempted comment outs if you want. They’re mostly the emulators that don’t work as well.

Keep in mind, I put in the file types to allow for zip and 7z files. The problem with this is, whenever an emulator opens one, it decompresses the rom, and leaves it in the origin file’s directory. Problematic only if you use compressed archives for roms.

In fact, it might be worthwhile to include this to launch games within Emulationstation:

I’m debating whether to do this, seeing as some emulators just flat out don’t run as well, and I should just remove them.

Arguably I could also just update the stock awesome launcher, removing all the double up console directories and using this script instead; however, if I want to have the launcher updatable like a stock 0.5 clockwork OS, this would break the moment you update it. Sure you could make exceptions, holding files or making a script to return things to normal, but at that stage it’s not really going to be at all like what a stock launcher is like.

I haven’t included the ScummVM, or the ID software games in the Emulationstation system config/setup.
I may make a custom “console” to be used as a toggle to change back and forth between the awesome launcher and the emulationstation launcher. Not exactly eloquent and I’m sure someone else could do something better.

Just in case, here are the contents of es_settings.cfg

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<bool name="BackgroundJoystickInput" value="false" />
<bool name="CaptionsCompatibility" value="true" />
<bool name="CollectionShowSystemInfo" value="true" />
<bool name="DrawFramerate" value="false" />
<bool name="EnableSounds" value="true" />
<bool name="ForceDisableFilters" value="false" />
<bool name="LocalArt" value="false" />
<bool name="MoveCarousel" value="true" />
<bool name="ParseGamelistOnly" value="false" />
<bool name="QuickSystemSelect" value="true" />
<bool name="ScrapeRatings" value="true" />
<bool name="ScreenSaverControls" value="true" />
<bool name="ScreenSaverOmxPlayer" value="false" />
<bool name="ShowHelpPrompts" value="true" />
<bool name="ShowHiddenFiles" value="false" />
<bool name="SlideshowScreenSaverCustomImageSource" value="false" />
<bool name="SlideshowScreenSaverRecurse" value="false" />
<bool name="SlideshowScreenSaverStretch" value="false" />
<bool name="SortAllSystems" value="false" />
<bool name="StretchVideoOnScreenSaver" value="false" />
<bool name="UseCustomCollectionsSystem" value="true" />
<bool name="VideoAudio" value="true" />
<bool name="VideoOmxPlayer" value="false" />
<int name="MaxVRAM" value="100" />
<int name="ScraperResizeHeight" value="0" />
<int name="ScraperResizeWidth" value="400" />
<int name="ScreenSaverSwapImageTimeout" value="10000" />
<int name="ScreenSaverSwapVideoTimeout" value="30000" />
<int name="ScreenSaverTime" value="300000" />
<string name="AudioCard" value="default" />
<string name="AudioDevice" value="Master" />
<string name="CollectionSystemsAuto" value="" />
<string name="CollectionSystemsCustom" value="" />
<string name="GamelistViewStyle" value="automatic" />
<string name="OMXAudioDev" value="both" />
<string name="PowerSaverMode" value="disabled" />
<string name="SaveGamelistsMode" value="on exit" />
<string name="Scraper" value="ScreenScraper" />
<string name="ScreenSaverBehavior" value="dim" />
<string name="ScreenSaverGameInfo" value="never" />
<string name="SlideshowScreenSaverBackgroundAudioFile" value="/home/cpi/.emulationstation/slideshow/audio/slideshow_bg.wav" />
<string name="SlideshowScreenSaverImageDir" value="/home/cpi/.emulationstation/slideshow/image" />
<string name="SlideshowScreenSaverImageFilter" value=".png,.jpg" />
<string name="StartupSystem" value="" />
<string name="ThemeSet" value="simple" />
<string name="TransitionStyle" value="fade" />
<string name="UIMode" value="Full" />
<string name="UIMode_passkey" value="uuddlrlrba" />

And also es_input.cfg

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<inputList>
	<inputConfig type="keyboard" deviceName="Keyboard" deviceGUID="-1">
		<input name="a" type="key" id="107" value="1" />
		<input name="b" type="key" id="106" value="1" />
		<input name="down" type="key" id="1073741905" value="1" />
		<input name="hotkeyenable" type="key" id="8" value="1" />
		<input name="left" type="key" id="1073741904" value="1" />
		<input name="leftshoulder" type="key" id="121" value="1" />
		<input name="lefttrigger" type="key" id="104" value="1" />
		<input name="right" type="key" id="1073741903" value="1" />
		<input name="rightshoulder" type="key" id="111" value="1" />
		<input name="righttrigger" type="key" id="108" value="1" />
		<input name="select" type="key" id="32" value="1" />
		<input name="start" type="key" id="13" value="1" />
		<input name="up" type="key" id="1073741906" value="1" />
		<input name="x" type="key" id="105" value="1" />
		<input name="y" type="key" id="117" value="1" />
	</inputConfig>
</inputList>

I can’t remember if there was anything else special I really needed to do, but looking back over the old thread, it looked like some people had trouble having things look viewable. I may have needed to have manually installed a theme as well. I’ll put in something to script a download of a theme.

I’ve tested most of the consoles. I can’t seem to get drastic running via Emulationstation which is weird. I’ll keep working on it, and hopefully find a solution.

2 Likes

Hi, I finally post the update I made of my script. Sorry for the late :wink:

1 Like

Oh sweet!! I wasn’t sure if it was something you forgot! Haha I was about to DM you about it too!
Good thing you did, I was just about to write in stand-alone support myself. Ha! Save me the effort! :slight_smile:

Oh and also, I solved that problem re: which directory ES is executed from. Simple symbolic link. :slight_smile: It all works now. Well. Except for Drastic, which I’m guessing I’m going to also need to do something for. Probably will need to completely move the contents of the drastic emulator from its own directory to the same ~/app/emulator directory. It’s gonna get messy! Hopefully there’s another way.