Custom GameShell image (v0.3) with standalone emulators

I don’t think that is super important. You have the instructions on how to do it manually, and you’re not an official provider, I wouldn’t worry too much :slight_smile:

But the point of this custom image is to take out as much of the hassle to set up your GS as possible. And using the script can lead to undesired side effects, because the script also touches on many other functions. So having it automated would be a great help.

Makes sense, then!

I can’t help you, though, I have no idea how that works.

Last time when i tried to install the Volume control my GS’s Bluetooth stop working, I haven’t tried again yet.

@Rebusmind

Would you consider doing an update to the image, updating retroarch to 1.7.8, and installing the mupen64 standalone n64 emulator. These seem to be two things people may have difficulty following instructions installing, and/or not have the patience to wait and compile.

I can try. I mean one reason I made this image was to get away from RetroArch, as it’s not super beginner friendly.
And I haven’t found a setup for Mupen that works good enough to include it, yet. I still have to try out your recommended settings, though.

2 Likes

I can’t find cmake。。。。

Which step are you at? I’m a little confused, cause none of the steps mention cmake.

1 Like