DevTerm Shipping and First Impressions Thread

Does anyone know how to check the pre-order info? I even forget the date I submitted the pre-order.

I just did a search in my email inbox for the word “devterm” and found my receipt. It should look something like this:

2 Likes

Interesting, I never got a receipt from them like that…just a confirmation from Paypal that I made a purchase.

i have receive paypal receipt and confirmation from clockwork, may be at your case confirmation was added to spam

1 Like

My order was in March and I got an order confirmation recipet and a PayPal receipt also. Feels complete to me.

Pre-ordered mine on Nov. 20th, 2020.
Got a PayPal checkout confirmation e-mail on the same day and order confirmation from no-reply@my.store-emails.com on the next day.

Ordered now;) With leftovers from house renovation loan :smiley:

3 Likes

So just five more days until the end of “before April”, anybody heard anything yet?

man, that is amazing

yeah, I do think the chance is rather tiny now

So far, you are the only person who has confirmed any Email from clockworkpi! How far after your March 1 order did you get the Email?

i’ve recieved the same email shortly after ordering too

Yeah I also got an email after I ordered back in June as well as a few months later when I reached out to them to change my address for delivery. Alex got back to me

1 Like

Alex Duan from clockworkpi contacted me to square my order away, decided to pay extra to pick up the core and tf, really excited to open the box, slam in some 18650’s and start using it for SDR stuff. I suspect they might actually make their deadline, especially seeing pcb’s being posted on jan 9th on their facebook and just 17 hours ago they made a commit for the keyboard firmware on their github. plastics might be holding up the project since we have no actual pictures of the casement but I doubt it due to their experience with the gameshell. they have till next wednesday to start shipping but given all that has happened to everyone, them being late is nbd. If their late, im sure its not by much

5 Likes

I posred here the same day I got the message.

Just got this email guys, dang chip shortage at fault!

The progress of developing has been successful, all the main jobs have been done in the past week.

Unfortunately, we are effected by the global shortage of chips now.

We are working with our suppliers to purchase the chips we need for manufacturing, but we’ll need more time to actually get them.

The shipping will be delayed for a while because of it.

We’ll release update on our SNS soon.

Sorry for all the inconvenience.

2 Likes

Sad to hear that!
It’s been a while since GameShell / DEOT released.

they are stuck on the evergreen

1 Like

Hope it’s not affected by global chip shortage

I also got a response to my inquiry on the shipping date. It stated as follows :

I’m sorry to tell you that the shipping will be delayed because of the global shortage of chips. We’ll release an update on our SNS and forum.clockworkpi.com soon.