clockworkpi

Editable Icons Project - Fixing and expanding the default theme's icons

is there any way to change the color behind the icons to black too? Maybe then change the font to white so it shows up as well?

Yes. There are pages in the Figma file I shared. You can find a Default, Dark and Colored versions.
link to the colored ones: https://www.figma.com/file/Mzfms2wlOR9l4c7OgP1GhNd5/GameShell?node-id=380%3A995

you can also just make a copy of the file and manually recolor them as you wish.

after some tweaks on the theme settings i managed to make a dark theme:
screenshot3 screenshot4

in the dark page you can find some assets I replaced in order to make them visible (and nicer) on the dark background (you need to separately export these and replace them in the GS):

2 Likes

i mean like not behind the icons…but like the overall white space around everything. The theme/background

I am leaving BatMonBatMon icon here:

It has 2 versions, smooth and pixelated.

Nice work grotandthemob!

For some reason my updated icon’s aren’t being loaded (even after a reboot). I’ve placed them in the below dir - is there anywhere else they might live?

What else do I need to do, to get the new icons to load? Are they possibly being cached somewhere?

Hey @grotandthemob,

My launcher looks fantastic with all of your colorful icons added!

I didn’t see a MAME icon in your Figma collection, so I whipped one up in Illustrator. You’re welcome to include it and/or modify it as needed.

Dropbox

I’ll take a stab at a Colecovision icon next. :slightly_smiling_face:

I don’t know if this thread accepts requests, but I’d love to see a Game Gear icon in the same style as the other colored ones. The only icon I have for that is this one:
GAMEGEAR

Hi @Rebusmind,

I created a few Game Gear icons (black, blue, and yellow) and uploaded them to my Dropbox folder.

I also added a Colecovision icon, if anyone is interested.

In addition to the PNG files, I included SVGs in case anyone wants to modify them.

1 Like

They’re perfect, thanks a lot! :smile:

If someone also had a Virtual Boy icon in color, that would be the icing on the cake. :smiley:

I made a quick Virtual Boy icon. You can find it in my Dropbox folder.

1 Like

Looks perfect to me! Thanks again! :smiley:

I’m sorry to ask for so many icons, but a Neo Geo Pocket Color icon in the same style would be very much appreciated. :slight_smile:

I worked on a Neo Geo Pocket Color icon today. You can find the PNG and SVG in my Dropbox folder.

1 Like

Amazing work (as always), thanks so much! <3

You’re welcome, my friend. Thanks for the kind words. This is giving me a chance to learn more about Abode Illustrator.

1 Like

I made color versions of the Sega Master System and Atari Lynx icons today. Grab them from my Dropbox folder if you’re interested.

1 Like

Adding TurboGrafx-16 to the collection.

…and also Atari 5200 and Atari 7800.

Hello! Sorry to add to the icon request pile, but if possible could I please request a set of custom icons done in the style of the DEOT OS? There are icons that exist in the thematic OS, but quite a lot of them are missing! Here’s what they look like:

33%20pm

And here’s a link to all of the skin files:

And now for the HUMUNGOUS request! The UI Doesn’t use the standard circles, but an indigo hexagon with a very 70’s style sci-fi icon theme. If anyone can replicate these, I would be eternally appreciative and grateful! Here’s the list of what is missing.

For the main launcher menu:
UTILITIES folder icon

For the PLAY menu (Basically Retro Games):
SFC9X, PocketSNES
GPSP, gbSP+
PicoDrive
GGear
Coleco
Lynx
mupen64
Fuse
UAE
PCSX
TIC-80
Love2D

MISC: (Folder Icon also needed for this one)
Planet-Busters
ChocoDM, Heretic, Hexen, Strife (WAD Wrappers)
OpenTyrian
No.909
NyanCat
Hurricane
GSPLauncher

I would even be content with using existing art from the stock skin, simply with the indigo hexagon, and colour scheme, or a complete overhaul of all of the PLAY and MISC items, overwriting the existing ones, since they don’t strictly adhere to the DEOT theme.

This is for a custom DEOT Image I am in the process of constructing. Heck, if we do a full on job, we could even release a standalone DEOT Launcher complete skin. That would be nice!

Anyway, if anyone can help, that would be fantastic! No rush though! :slight_smile:

Edit: 3 months later in 27 Jan 2020.
Sometimes the best way to get things done is to do it yourself. :slight_smile:
I’ve edited all the icons and more.

1 Like

:exploding_head: I can’t believe that!!! :exploding_head:

I was starting to do my own DEOT icons style but just found it.
I really appreciate it!!!

Thank you so much!!! :star_struck: :heart_eyes: :star_struck: