Editable Icons Project - Fixing and expanding the default theme's icons

theme
icons

Goal:
Create a consistent, editable icon pack for system tools, consoles, games and folders.

Work in progress:
I started collecting the icons around the forum and put it into 1 file. Next to that I begin fixing and creating icons (including a customisable emoji with different eye and mouth components)

:link:THE LINK :point_down:
https://www.figma.com/file/Mzfms2wlOR9l4c7OgP1GhNd5/GameShell?node-id=21%3A426

How to get it:

• click on the icon you want
  • create an export on the right hand side (.png)
  • connect to your GameShell via Filezilla
  • get into your skin and replace the existing .png-s or add to the right place where your folder lives (important to name it identical as your folder, but the numbers before are not needed): /home/cpi/apps/launcher/skin/default/Menu/GameShell
    (i will make a nicer tutorial of this when I have some time)

How to edit it:
After you created a Figma account (free), you can copy paste items from the document above or make an entire copy out of it. Right now only a few of them are vectorised and editable. Most of the items are still .png-s I found around the forum.

How to contribute:
Submit your icons to this thread in an editable vector format (.svg, .ai, .sketch) or a figma link.
If you want to help me in a more systematic work (components and guidelines) ping me in a DM on twitter.

Icons for C64, PAL SNES, Master System and Genesis/Mega Drive
Makin’ Dope your GameShell! (Get in for Download some ICON Sets)
Makin’ Dope your GameShell! (Get in for Download some ICON Sets)

This is amazing. Love it!

@grotandthemob Is it possible to export it to a Sketch file to tinker with locally?

Yes, but not all of these are editable yet.
the best way to get it to Sketch is by exporting (or copying with right click) as .SVG and import it.

In the upcoming weeks I will try to vectorise most of it.

@grotandthemob Here’s the Sketch file for the C64, Master System, Mega Drive and SNES icons:

Small update:

• new editable icons: GB, GBC, GBA, SNES, C64, PSX
  • organized the fixed icons to the top of the Figma file (Default page) / Work in progress icons are in a separate page called WIP (updated the link in the post to go to the Default page)

:pray:thank you all who sent me .svg-s and sketch files :gem:

great job

I am gonna steal your icons into the next launcher update

:wink:

Update: I am working on dark and color themed sets:

link to dark theme

link to color theme