GameShell OS image files (v0.5)

I’ve found a potential bug in the file structure of the 0.5 release.

As a general practice, I refrain from putting anything into the /launcher/Menu/GameShell directory, being closely linked with stock files that will be overwritten when doing a launcher/git update.

I put 3 folders in the above mentioned folder for a custom image (Namely 01_MANUAL, 01_OPERATION, 03_MAIL DEOT) without any problems, but decided to move them to apps/Menu/GameShell for the reasons mentioned above.

This technically shouldn’t have made any visible difference; only now the “20_Retro Games” folder stopped being displayed. This was odd, seeing as no folder had taken up the allotted “20” spot in the folder hierarchy.

This was remedied by deleting what seemed to be a redundant directory. The “20_Retro Games” exists in the /apps/Menu/GameShell folder containing an abundance of subdirectories with action.config files essential for running emulators.
The duplicate entry exists in the /launcher/Menu/GameShell directory, and does not contain anything. It appears to be completely useless, and vestigial in nature. This folder was deleted, fixing my problem of a missing folder on the home screen.

Just thought I’d mention it here, in case anyone else experiences similar problems. No point keeping solutions to problems to myself! Chances are someone else will have it too. :slight_smile:

1 Like