I got devterm(A06) and installed RetroArch.
But I don’t know how to fix it.
Oof, looks like you’re missing the assets bundle for retroarch. How’d you install it? Via the Armbian package, or through the Ubuntu PPA?
I installed via the Ubuntu PPA.
Ah! I ran into the same thing. I think that PPA copy of Retroarch points it’s config at the wrong directories by default.
I opened up
/home/cpi/.config/retroarch/retroarch.ccg and changed these two entries:
libretro_directory = "/usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/libretro/" libretro_info_path = "/usr/share/libretro/info/"
Once that’s done it should work. If it still looks goofy, try installing the
retroarch-assets package from apt.
I tried that.
However, I am in trouble because it doesn’t go well even if I do both.
I’m a beginner and may be wrong.
Could you tell me how to install retroarch-assets from apt?
Ah, not a worry! You can search for things using the
apt search retroarch
And that prints out:
cpi@clockworkpi-a06:~$ apt search retroarch-assets Sorting... Done Full Text Search... Done retroarch-assets/hirsute,hirsute,now 1.4.1+git20170209+dfsg1-1 all [installed,auto-removable] RetroArch assets for XMB, GLUI and Zarch
That last couple of lines tells me what packages that
apt found, and
retroarch-assets is in that list. So, now that I know the name of the package I’m looking for, I can use
sudo apt install retroarch-assets -y to install it:
cpi@clockworkpi-a06:~$ sudo apt install retroarch-assets -y Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree... Done Reading state information... Done retroarch-assets is already the newest version (1.4.1+git20170209+dfsg1-1).
Now restart RetroArch and it should have the correct logos and fonts now.
What’s your systemwide language setting? If not English, might be the issue. I think you can set it using “sudo armbian-config”.
Also you can try running the built in Online Updater to get some missing assets:
“Try the 4th icon on the right side on your screenshot, that’s the “Online Updater”, then on that new menu, click the icon with the RetroArch logo (which should be “Update Assets”).”
Okay, I went back and double-checked my config settings, and it looks like I needed to take a few extra steps when setting this up.
It looks like
apt installs libretro’s assets to
/usr/share/libretro/assets and that folder is:
- missing a lot of required assets
- not writable by retroarch, meaning that the Online Updater can’t download the missing assets.
So what I did was:
- Edited the
~/.config/retroarch/retroarch.cfgto point to
assets_directory = "~/.config/retroarch/assets"
- Opened Retroarch and went to Main Menu > Online Updater > Update assets to download the newest set of assets.
After that, Retroarch has the right fonts and icons in the UI.
Oh! I can use it!
Retroarch has the right fonts and icons in the UI.
Oh fantastic! I’m glad that did the trick.