Integrating the lightbar into the back panel

Does the sound bar sit on top of the lightkey now?

How does it feel ergonomic wise?

Yes, that’s correct, it was a narrow fit but now it seems like it was designed to fit at one point. ^^
I have to admit, I haven’t used the lightbar too much yet, but while it feels a little fiddly, I was able to play MegaMan Legends on the PSX emulator just fine.

1 Like

Did your case close all the way? I went ahead and 3d printed the part and mine doesn’t close all the way.

Thinking of integrating a latch on the bottom to fix this.

Yes, it closes completely, but at the bottom it doesn’t align perfectly with the front (the back shell had to bend slightly).

I didn’t change any of the dimensions, so it’s probably something your 3D printer caused.

Thanks to the 3D file.
I printed a semi-transparent photosensitive resin material. It cost me about 19€, and if I paint it, I need to spend 38€ more, so I didn’t paint. Fortunately, it looks good.

2 Likes

1 Like

As a new user, I can only upload one photo at a time.

2 Likes

That looks very nice and a nice price! Did you order it somewhere to get it printed?

1 Like

The 3D printing service provider also supports painting services, but the price is beyond my expectations. I bought this gameshell for a total of 98€.

It’s great to see that it works for others as well. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Which printing service? I am interested in printing a case mod.

A service provider in China, in Taobao.com

Product Details (Chinese)

2 Likes

I wish I could speak Chinese haha I could order so many things to be done!

I will search in Alibaba I could find something there.

Is it convenient to have the keys in the bottom of the case? Is it easy to press them while playing? Looks neat nevertheless

It takes a little getting used to and also depends on how you hold the GS.
It works nicely for stuff like rotating cameras and minor functions.

I’m still in the design.

3 Likes

That’s pretty cool. I wonder how the rest will fit.

Battery compartment moves down, I will modify the limit pillar
电池仓向下移动,我会修改限位支柱

Please keep us updated, I’d love to try that. :slight_smile:

请保持更新,我很乐意尝试。 :slight_smile:

Great job the one you are doing! Even though it seems incredible that there is none of this officially. Why do we want a laptop by modules, if we don’t have any option to create a laptop to our liking?