Integrating the lightbar into the back panel

希望可以得到模型的原始工程文件,修改STL文件非常困难
I hope that I can get the original project file of the model. It is very difficult to modify the STL file.

我没有办法切割干净
I have no way to cut perfectly.

help me
@Godzil

Maybe it can be cleaned up in Blender when it’s done?

也许它可以在Blender完成后清理干净?

1 Like

These look great. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Also dislike the lego back a bit and just want the lightkey buttons integrated into the casing.

I tried to print, but FDM is not strong enough and accurate, and my printer is too small
After adjusting the model slightly, I will look for an SLA print service provider to print.

尝试打印了, 但是FDM强度和精度不够, 并且我的打印机太小
稍微调整模型后,我将寻找SLA打印服务商进行打印

I will share the model after the modification is completed.
模型我会在修改完成后分享出来

3 Likes

3D model file: https://files.catbox.moe/uzcp83.stl

Note: There may be errors in the model since it has never been printed.
注意: 从未打印过, 模型可能存在错误.

电池很难放进去,模型还需要修改
The battery is difficult to put in, the model still needs to be modified

4 Likes

Just ordered one print for about 40 Euros. Not sure if it will be usable, but as I’m probably the first, it’s worth for testing it. :smiley:

Make sure to take photos once you got (and assembled) it. I already have the light key bar integrated, but this is pretty cool.

@xin
Is this for the normal battery that comes with the GameShell or for a bigger one?

1 Like

普通电池
normal battery

其他电池需要额外的壳子,比如:
Other batteries require extra shells, such as:

原本的电源连接线会不够长
The original power cable will not be long enough

电池很难放进去,模型还需要修改
The battery is difficult to put in, the model still needs to be modified

1 Like

So thrilled, the print should be send out already this week. :o Should be arriving on saturday. Will post picture if it’s here. :slight_smile:

Ugh, that feeling when you try to print it out at home, then realise that your printer is JUST that little bit too small! This has got to be one of the most frustrating things in the world!

Was wondering why the prototyping prints had the top part cut off. Similar constraints for you too?

There’s quite a fair bit of surplus space on the perimeter of the case. Perhaps… a “Gameshell Pocket” slimline version, with integrated lightbar could be something in the works :wink:
(just so I can print the thing at home! ;))
(not actually a request, btw - just idle day dreaming, and a possible idea for when I’m on leave to work on)

What!? What is that printer! seems very small area compared to a prusa i3 based one

Sparkmaker FHD. It’s a SLA printer, as opposed to a FDM one.
Great for detailed miniatures and gundam mods. Clearly, not good for anything large. Tbh, I could probably force it to go on the VERY tips of the Z-Axis thread, but tbh, I’d rather not waste precious resin. :wink:

Don’t rush to print。
不要急着打印。

模型存在的问题:Problems in the model:

大面积薄片厚度至少为1.2mm,很多服务商拒绝了打印。
The thickness of large sheets is at least 1.2 mm, and many service providers refuse to print.
但是修改slt文件真的很困难
But it’s really hard to modify the SLT file

But I found a printable one and it was cheap.
但是我找到了一家可以打印的,并且价格很便宜。

It may take two or three days to arrive.
可能需要两三天才能到货。

I will share the print results.
我会分享打印结果

6 Likes

YOU GUYS ROCK!!! I’m following.

1 Like

You could split it and glue it :joy:

2 Likes

Probably a good idea regardless! That way, if it falls off the plate midway through, or fails 19 out of 20 hours in (which knowing my luck ALWAYS happens), at least I can resume from a half way point!

@xin Do you mean don’t rush out to print it yet, because it’s a work in process? Or to set the printer to use thinner splices/slower lift speed?

What material was used to make the original back? Because that’s so clear and smooth.

The back you received with your GameShell was injection molded; Not 3D printed.