Lets Play Streets of Rage Remake

This is a much more concise set of instructions to get SoRR working on the ClockworkPi OS v.4 based on the other thread by Dowdheur.

Step 1: Install the libpng12 library (Thanks Enargy)
wget http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/pool/main/libp/libpng/libpng12-0_1.2.50-2+deb8u3_armhf.deb
sudo dpkg -i libpng12-0_1.2.50-2+deb8u3_armhf.deb

Step 2: Download this package containing the SoRR binary and savegame configuration (Thanks Enargy)
wget http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=98808855724418565605

Step 3: Unzip package
unzip SoRR.zip
If you transferred the files to the GameShell, please make sure to make the bgdi-330 file executable with chmod +x /home/cpi/games/SoRR/bgdi-330

Step 4: Move the SoRR directory
mv SoRR /home/cpi/games

Step 5: Tranfer over files that are under copyright
Transfer SoRR.dat, and the mod and palette directories into /home/cpi/games/SoRR with whatever method you prefer.

Step 6: Create launcher script (Thanks Dowdheur)
mkdir -p /home/cpi/apps/Menu/21_Indie Games/40_SoRR
echo ‘cd ~/games/SoRR\npushd home/cpi/games/SoRR; ./bgdi-330 ./SorR.dat; popd’ > /home/cpi/apps/Menu/21_Indie Games/40_SoRR/SoRR.sh

Step 7: Make the script executable
chmod +x /home/cpi/apps/Menu/21_Indie\ Games/40_SoRR/SoRR.sh

Step 8: Reload the UI.

This will allow you to run Streets of Rage Remake on your gameshell. I’ve pretty much just put the required files together in one place, and written instructions out of the troubleshooting done by Enargy, and Dowdheur. All credit to getting it running should go to them.

4 Likes

Is this supposed to work on v.0.4?
The launcher creation method described here does not work for me.

-bash: ./bgdi-330: No such file or directory
-bash: popd’: command not found

I edited this to add a step to move the SoRR directory to /home/cpi/games

The launcher script SoRR.sh should look like this:
cd ~/games/SoRR
pushd home/cpi/games/SoRR; ./bgdi-330 ./SorR.dat; popd

Now it works but I had to change my .sh file formating…

In Notepad++

• Edit > EOL Conversion > UNIX

Is there any way to do this through Filezilla? I’m not really good with the commands…
@Count042
@Lix

Which step exactly?
Creating the .sh script?

I know how to ssh but just not how to use the commands correctly, like step 5

So step 5 is just about getting the files from wherever you have SoRR.dat and those two directories stored on your computer over to the /home/cpi/games/SoRR directory.

I can’t really help with that, as I’ve been linux only since before XP. How did you transfer roms over to the gameshell? I would use the same method. Just make sure you put the stuff in the /home/cpi/games/SoRR directory.

1 Like

Use Filezilla…
Its the simplest way.

1 Like

Sounds good thank you guys

@Lix
@Count042

And the .sh script would look like this?

mkdir -p /home/cpi/apps/Menu/21_Indie Games/40_SoRR
echo ‘cd ~/games/SoRR\npushd home/cpi/games/SoRR; ./bgdi-330 ./SorR.dat; popd’ > /home/cpi/apps/Menu/21_Indie Games/40_SoRR/SoRR.sh

No, those are the commands to run while ssh’d into the gameshell to create the script.

The script should look like this:
cd ~/games/SoRR
pushd home/cpi/games/SoRR; ./bgdi-330 ./SorR.dat; popd

1 Like

Also, keep in mind that in linux, the capitalization of filenames matter. So if you get some ‘file not found’ errors, triple check that you’ve got the filenames correct, with the correct capitalization.

1 Like

For step 1, How that work in Filezilla? Where would I put it?

I already got the rest of the steps down though

@Count042

Those are commands that must be run on the gameshell. You really need to ssh into the gameshell to install the library package.

Also, as I said above, I can’t help you with the windows stuff, as I have zero non-linux experience going on for 19 years now.

Ok did it on ssh then this happened…

Sorry, prepend that with sudo. I’ve updated the instructions as well.

Thank you!

1 Like

Ok got the 1st step done, but it won’t boot up
I don’t know what I’m doing wrong

!

/home/cpi/games/SoRR
image|377x499 !

image|690x238

You’re almost there. I forgot to add the step that is required to make the startup script executable. I don’t know how to do this in FileZilla, but if you run this command in ssh, it should work:

chmod +x ‘/home/cpi/apps/Menu/21_Indie\ Games/42_SoRR/SoRR.sh’

Thank you, I can do it in ssh