Love2d on gameshell

Nice. Tried the update and it works no issues. Thanks!
Updated that Tetris game I posted above for LOVE 11.1. vztetris.11.1.love

1 Like

If anyoneā€™s interested:
I have created a project template to quickly start developing a Lƶve2D Game:

Check it out!
#ad

3 Likes

PocketCHIP is a GREAT device, I even SSH and do things with my Shell on it

Its just a shame they up and disappeared.

1 Like

Indeed! And also a shame that the keyboard isnā€™t great for typing with, otherwise itā€™d be a great pairing for making games on the go.

Thinking about picking up one of the 3d printed keyboard for the CHIP, they look quite decent.

Thanks folks, this thread is very helpful. I got love 11.1 installed and the bonjour test programm is running.

I like to port my menu system framework to the pie but I stuck reading error messages (the ones with the blue background). I put in the loader script the comand love . &> error.log, but nothing is in the error.log file, even that I see a blue screen. On ā€œnormalā€ PC this works.

got it running and updated! thank you!

I tried downloading ā€œMr. Rescueā€ and it doesnā€™t work on the new versionā€¦ any way around this?

http://tangramgames.dk/games/mrrescue/

EDIT: I just downgraded liblove and love2d to 0.10.2 and its fine.

how do we use it lol

Thanks for the clear explanation, works all fine, but how can i set the windows size to 320x240 by default? Have same .love games but theā€™re all opening at a way bigger resolution :upside_down_face:

Is there a way to update .love game files to work on 11.1? Constantly upgrading and downgrading is getting lame lol

Iā€™m having trouble making a game for the GameShell using the Love2D game engine.

Whatā€™s the problem? Are you having trouble making a .love file run on the GameShell?

1 Like

Itā€™s that Iā€™m new to the whole thing. I got my Gameshell on Monday and i just use it as an emulator but i want to put play the games that are on the forum. Iā€™ve also been trying to download Dave Gnukem and when i typed the commands as i saw them i was only able to get it on my computer and it shows up in the files when i log into gameshell through my computer but itā€™s not showing up on the Gameshell itself and i was wondering if i was doing anything wrong with that.

1 Like

You RPG game looks really cool and I look foward to playing it!!

1 Like

As far as I know there should be a way to configure the GameShell launcher to add an icon and to automatically run the command needed to run a love game.

To start you can use this template: https://github.com/Skayo/Gameshell-Love2D-Template

1 Like

Thanks Iā€™ll keep that in mind when developing them!

The screen was freeze to the loading iconeā€¦
The thing saved me was the active wifi.
I undo all the things i made and try again to do