Pcsx Problem - button no response in some games & game is freezing after running

Hi all,

I import some of the PS1 games into Pcsx folder which are:

1. Dragon Quest Monsters 1+2 (.img format)
  2. Super robot wars F (.img format)
  3. Super robot wars F Final (.PBP format)
  4. Super robot wars ALPHA (.bin format)
  5. Super robot wars ALPHA Gaiden (.bin format)

and the problem shown below:

1. Dragon Quest Monsters 1+2 (No Problem)
  2. Super robot wars F (No Problem)
  3. Super robot wars F Final (No Problem)
  4. Super robot wars ALPHA (Freezing after show the Banpresto Co., Ltd. Logo)
  5. Super robot wars ALPHA Gaiden (game is running but button no response expect menu button)

For the Super robot wars ALPHA and Super robot wars ALPHA Gaiden,
I also try different format such as .img & .PBP.

But still have same problem,

does anyone know the solution?
thanks.

I don’t have a solution, but eh I thought I’d chime in and have a look into it! :slight_smile:

Doing a quick search online, it seems like the two games you are trying to play universally have problems being emulated. Here’s the first search result of “Super Robot Wars Alpha Emulation.”

The verdict re: PCSX is that it doesn’t work. Looks like it works for other emulators, so hopefully another emulator will get ported. In fact, hmm, I wonder if there are any others on say, rpi or anything that could be brought to the GS?

Also, I’m sure you’ve checked, but there are plethora of game fixes and menu options within PCSX in the advanced menus. I guess, have a fiddle with those! You might find something that just magically works for some reason!

thanks for your information!

but i found out that retroarch can run Super robot wars ALPHA & Super robot wars ALPHA Gaiden, it is so weird!

Oh! Using what emulator?

Retroarch can run Super robot wars ALPHA & Super robot wars ALPHA Gaiden by using pcsx core.

But both game has the problem that i mentioned above by using pcsx+

I’ve got no idea what your setup is, re: what you’ve installed where etc, but given the automated process re: retroarch directories/dependencies, look into where you’ve installed your BIOS in PCSX+, which bios you’ve got, and basically try a few till you get it right.
Some games even run without any BIOS present.

Is it noticeably slower in retroarch? Just a solution could be to just use PCSX via retroarch.

a bit slow in some animation but seems have a good performance in retroarch

Could be to do with the fact that retroarch is using a different version of PCSX.

https://docs.libretro.com/library/pcsx_rearmed/