RetroArch Megathread

my steps to run a game - Load Core - > Select Pcsx -> Load recent -> select Tekken? or Do I have to first download all these games. I though anything I can see in Load Recent is already available?

LOL, they shipped their history with the device but no, it’s obviously not available, that would be infringing copyright

Thanks @fr500 I will get these games now. Thanks again

I am new to retroArch but I love it. begone the days of dealing with multiple mame installations.
One question: is it possible to have a menu hotkey within retroArch for exit app and shutdown machine propperly?
is there a way to add scripts to the retroarch menu at all?
i mean without recompiling it. if not, I will do so and push it the small change needed to git for you to install it on GameSH

I have been trying to get Cannonball working. I got it installed fine, and acquired the full ROM set, but can’t seem to get Retroarch to see the ROMs. Is there a special place they have to be placed?

LasVegas

Same here, finally figured it out. You need a dummy file to boot the core. See the lets play cannonball topic i just created. Lets play cannonball.

Did anyone give the Scummvm Core a try yet? Is the Gameshell powerfull enough to run it ? If so, i’ll get monkey island from COG and write a tutorial how to set it up.

Far too low resolution to play it :frowning:

I couldn’t set it up with RetroArch bit did it with regular ScummVM binaries but the games don’t fit the screen.

how do i access retroarch repo?

Repo can be accessed through the link; http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/linux/armv7-neon-hf/latest/

1 Like

thank you verry much Wizz. i did everything right. the only thing i dont know how to do is video filters step. what do i do? i would really appreciate it if you could help. Thanks Wizz!

@fr500 can you help me with this step? thanks

Hi! Will check tomorrow, have not tried the filters yet, other than following the guide for retro arch setup. Unsure if any are running. Will let you know !

1 Like

Just do what the guide says

So from the RetroArch repo do:

cd gfx/video_filters
make
mkdir -p ~/.config/retroarch/filters/
cp *.filt *.so ~/.config/retroarch/filters/video

Now edit your config and change the video_filter_dir too
video_filter_dir = “~/.config/retroarch/filters/video/”

Then under video settings go to video filters and pick one

1 Like

How do i access retro arch repo? Sorry im a total noob.

if you followed the guide…
it means from the retroarch dir, you ran:

git clone https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch.git retroarch

So if you did that it would be

cd ~/retroarch
1 Like

thank you so much i did it! but where do i download the filters from? thanks

@Wizz @fr500 This is weird, ive done this before lots of times but this has never happened before. i added the emulator but games only load up from retroarch. when i try to play the game from the snes folder in games i get a black screen. i would appreciate any help, thanks

I don’t know anything about that launcher sorry

thank you so much i did it! but where do i download the filters from? thanks

You don’t, the filters are the .filt files that were copied in this line:

cp *.filt *.so ~/.config/retroarch/filters/video

Make sure you do this

Now edit your config and change the video_filter_dir too
video_filter_dir = “~/.config/retroarch/filters/video/”

Then under video settings go to video filters and pick one

1 Like

thanks i found the filters and wow the difference is amazing! but do i have to pick the filter every time or just once?