RetroArch Megathread

Any chance you’d be into working on a that will work!?


well… I got quite disappointed at the lack of solutions for GPU acceleration so I haven’t really used my GS too much.
That said the easiest thing to do would be to build it! I think building it in the GS itself yields the best results.
Anyway I’ll check this weekend.

1 Like

I’m willing to try my hand at that, I just don’t know enough to do so. Im currently reading primers lol

If I build it on the GS, I don’t know how to make the .so library from the .c and .h files.

git clone
cd gpsp
make -j 2
1 Like

Thanks man. The build was a success! I was however unsuccessful in it running. Same old crashing.

Whenever you have some time, if you could take a peek I’d appreciate it. I can’t tweak it because I don’t know about any of that stuff.

I got quite disappointed at the lack of solutions for GPU acceleration so I haven’t really used my GS too much.

Uhm … I think that 0.21 have lima driver integrated:

Did anyone succesfully install a Sony PSP emulator core and would be willing to do a write up ?

XMB kills the battery real quick I think, as well… but it is damn sweet.

Bumping this thread also for picodrive libretro core:

alright so there is a new image, gonna try it out, adjust and maybe build mupen/ppsspp :stuck_out_tongue:


aaaaand… not gonna happen, doesn’t even allow XMB with lima so PPSSPP will not work

so I configured with these parameters now:

./configure --disable-vulkan --disable-ffmpeg --enable-xmb --disable-materialui --disable-flac --disable-parport --disable-vulkan_display --disable-videocore --disable-videoprocessor --disable-v4l2 --enable-x11 --disable-wayland --disable-vg --disable-jack --disable-discord --disable-langextra --enable-mali_fbdev

make && sudo make install

then I ran this on ssh:

sudo usermod -a -G input `whoami`

Then I changed my drivers to:

  • input: udev
  • joypad: udev
  • video: gl

then I run

sudo chvt 2

Now it’s using mali, but it’s inconvenient to say the least.

This is all with cores from the RA updater:

  • Beetle NeoGeo Pocket is full speed now (it wasn’t before), it has a weird issue with some stuff being cut out of the frame though
  • mGBA is full speed (it skipped frames before)
  • snes9x mainline is fullspeed
  • gpgx is not fullspeed
  • pcsx rearmed: sloooooow, not built with neon, gotta build it proper
  • picodrive crashes, gotta build it properly I guess
1 Like

ok, I’ll post a small guide on building cores, so hopefully someone will make a repo of cpi enhanced cores:

always run this first:

export TARGET=~/.config/retroarch/cores/
mkdir -p ~/repositories/cores

picodrive working perfect, full speed on sonic 3

cd ~/repositories/cores
git clone picodrive
cd picodrive
git fetch origin && git reset --hard origin/master
git submodule update --init
make -f Makefile.libretro -j2 platform="armv neon hardfloat"
cp -v *.so $TARGET 

pcsx_rearmed working perfect, full speed on ridge racer type 4

cd ~/repositories/cores
git clone
cd pcsx_rearmed
git fetch origin && git reset --hard origin/master
make -f Makefile.libretro -j2 platform=classic_armv7_a7
cp -v *.so $TARGET 

Thank you so much for this!!!

Seems mali only works with GL instead of GLES with this lima driver
Shame, because that means no mupen, no PPSSPP.

If I force GLES

[ERROR] [Mali fbdev]: EGL error: 12297.
Segmentation fault
1 Like

I tried to build mGBA more ways then one and it just wouldn’t run 100%.

I just used the one from the online updater

I’m talking about before the GPU update. 0.2.
I haven’t messed with 0.3 to much yet

My flavor of picodrive core is built with the following params:

make -f Makefile.libretro platform="armv neon hardfloat" -j4

Don’t know if it makes any difference better or worse comparing to yours build command

make -f Makefile.libretro -j2 platform=raspberrypi

On thing to note is that raspberry platform builds for armv6 (GameShell’s cpu is armv7) and without neon

You’re right that’s better, updated!

1 Like