RetroArch Megathread

Hi everybody!

Today I flashed a new SD card and I’m trying to reinstall Retroarch from this guide. Mind you, I had already done that successfully on the original SD card. But this time, when I execute:

I get a lot of 404 errors like this:

E: Failed to fetch http://security.debian.org/debian-security/pool/updates/main/f/ffmpeg/libavdevice-dev_3.2.10-1~deb9u1_armhf.deb 404 Not Found

And at the end:

E: Unable to fetch some archives, maybe run apt-get update or try with --fix-missing?
E: Failed to process build dependencies

What should I do?

I still can’t get

sudo apt-get build-dep retroarch

To work. It shows a bunch of 404 errors in the Terminal. I’m guessing due to that this line doesn’t work either:

./configure --disable-vulkan --disable-ffmpeg --enable-xmb --disable-materialui --disable-flac --disable-parport --disable-vulkan_display --disable-videocore --disable-videoprocessor --disable-v4l2 --enable-x11 --disable-wayland --disable-vg --disable-jack --enable-kms --disable-discord

It says that KMS is not available.

Is the server down @fr500?

@uke run this first:

sudo apt-get update

then start over with

sudo apt-get build-dep retroarch
1 Like

thanks wohali!
works now.

I know this is quite old, but if any one is having issues to get 60FPS for PCSX-rearmed on the gameshell.

Here is a recompiled .so that is compiled on the gameshell, I was able to reach 60FPS for Mega Man X4, the Core Updater .so only managed to get 22fps.

Just copy it under ~/.config/retroarch/cores/ and load it in retroarch and enjoy smooth gaming.

2 Likes

This is great, I was having that issue and could only make it work via the standalone. Will try this later.

@fr500 the link to your files is broken. I need to download your gPSP because the one on buildbot is broken

Any chance you’d be into working on a gpsp_libretro.so that will work!?

hey

well… I got quite disappointed at the lack of solutions for GPU acceleration so I haven’t really used my GS too much.
That said the easiest thing to do would be to build it! I think building it in the GS itself yields the best results.
Anyway I’ll check this weekend.

1 Like

I’m willing to try my hand at that, I just don’t know enough to do so. Im currently reading primers lol

If I build it on the GS, I don’t know how to make the .so library from the .c and .h files.

git clone https://github.com/libretro/gpsp
cd gpsp
make -j 2
1 Like

Thanks man. The build was a success! I was however unsuccessful in it running. Same old crashing.

Whenever you have some time, if you could take a peek I’d appreciate it. I can’t tweak it because I don’t know about any of that stuff.

I got quite disappointed at the lack of solutions for GPU acceleration so I haven’t really used my GS too much.

Uhm … I think that 0.21 have lima driver integrated:

Did anyone succesfully install a Sony PSP emulator core and would be willing to do a write up ?

XMB kills the battery real quick I think, as well… but it is damn sweet.

Bumping this thread also for picodrive libretro core:

alright so there is a new image, gonna try it out, adjust and maybe build mupen/ppsspp :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

aaaaand… not gonna happen, doesn’t even allow XMB with lima so PPSSPP will not work

so I configured with these parameters now:

./configure --disable-vulkan --disable-ffmpeg --enable-xmb --disable-materialui --disable-flac --disable-parport --disable-vulkan_display --disable-videocore --disable-videoprocessor --disable-v4l2 --enable-x11 --disable-wayland --disable-vg --disable-jack --disable-discord --disable-langextra --enable-mali_fbdev

make && sudo make install

then I ran this on ssh:

sudo usermod -a -G input `whoami`

Then I changed my drivers to:

• input: udev
  • joypad: udev
  • video: gl

then I run

sudo chvt 2
retroarch

Now it’s using mali, but it’s inconvenient to say the least.

This is all with cores from the RA updater:

• Beetle NeoGeo Pocket is full speed now (it wasn’t before), it has a weird issue with some stuff being cut out of the frame though
  • mGBA is full speed (it skipped frames before)
  • snes9x mainline is fullspeed
  • gpgx is not fullspeed
  • pcsx rearmed: sloooooow, not built with neon, gotta build it proper
  • picodrive crashes, gotta build it properly I guess
1 Like

ok, I’ll post a small guide on building cores, so hopefully someone will make a repo of cpi enhanced cores:

always run this first:

export TARGET=~/.config/retroarch/cores/
mkdir -p ~/repositories/cores

picodrive working perfect, full speed on sonic 3

cd ~/repositories/cores
git clone https://github.com/libretro/picodrive.git picodrive
cd picodrive
git fetch origin && git reset --hard origin/master
git submodule update --init
make -f Makefile.libretro -j2 platform="armv neon hardfloat"
cp -v *.so $TARGET 

pcsx_rearmed working perfect, full speed on ridge racer type 4