RetroArch Megathread

Can you post the errors? I implemented the discord integration, so I’m willing to fix that.

I can send you my build log tonight. I followed your guide step by step on a 0.3 image.

By the way, I noticed that the 0.3 image actually has a fairly new RetroArch build, are there enough constant improvements that would make people want to install from master directly instead of using the latest release? In other words, are people actively working on improving RetroArch for GameShell?

If so, do we have a nightly build page? I’m willing to set up something like that, but I’d like to know first if this is something the community wants/needs.

I just got my unit yesterday and still catching up with the state of the platform, I appreciate the help by the way, great guide you have here!

RA is updated almost daily, so something like a PPA would be great.

Okay I’m interested in working on that, will have a look at it this weekend.

Linker errors: https://gist.github.com/Ruenzuo/85510efea78daa69f06f02e401c05c37

Edit: Can confirm it works if I disable the Discord flag.

1 Like

Weird that looks more like slang/vulkan than discord.

Ah you mean you “disabled” the disable, so basically you enabled discord, that enables CXX_LINKER
I’ll report it upstream

Fixed upstream (I think)

Hey fr500,

I just got gameshell in the new batch. I’m getting “Unknown option --disable-v412” when trying to follow your tutorial for ./configure cmd. If I remove “–disable-v412” from the cmd, it works but I then get error on “make -j4” that is “/usr/bin/ld: cannot open output file retroarch: Is a directory
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status”.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

I’m pretty sure it’s v4l2
and l not a 1

thanks, I feel dumb. I’ll give a try.

That got rid of the Unknown option error, but I’m getting that error “/usr/bin/ld: cannot open output file retroarch: Is a directory collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status makefile:195: recipe for target 'retroarch failed make: *** [retroarch] Error 1” when I do the cmd “make -j4”.

LD retroarch
/usr/bin/ld: cannot open output file retroarch: Is a directory
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status makefile:195: recipe for target 'retroarch failed
make: *** [retroarch] Error 1

Is the full error.

you have a RetroArch directory inside your retroarch folder

Do I need to reinstall retroarch or remove the RetroArch directory? What file in retroarch would it be under?

Thanks,

I think I found it and deleted it. Hopefully that fixes it.

1 Like

Nice Post.

I’m just wondering that do I need to change the settings to get optimized performance with 1.7.6 on OS 0.3?

I got terrible sound on some NES games (eg.1943) with Nestopia UE.

Regards

hi i think this is great but for some reason after i do the make -j4 it runs until it says “virtual memory exhausted: Cannot allocate memory”, I’ve done the make -j4 again and it happened again, should i restart?? or is there something i need to do. i will put a picture of what i have done
gameshell%20code%202 gameshell%20code%203 gameshell%20coding%201

sorry the second and third are not in order

you don’t have enough free ram on your system to compile this
try to add a swap file https://linuxize.com/post/create-a-linux-swap-file/
this will use sd card to fake more ram

(or wait anyone compile this and use his binary
that’s why i create custom repo, to share binary and trim all of this compile madness from lambda users)