RetroArch Megathread

retroarch
howto
#288

Weird that looks more like slang/vulkan than discord.

#289

Ah you mean you “disabled” the disable, so basically you enabled discord, that enables CXX_LINKER
I’ll report it upstream

#290

Fixed upstream (I think)

#291

Hey fr500,

I just got gameshell in the new batch. I’m getting “Unknown option --disable-v412” when trying to follow your tutorial for ./configure cmd. If I remove “–disable-v412” from the cmd, it works but I then get error on “make -j4” that is “/usr/bin/ld: cannot open output file retroarch: Is a directory
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status”.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

#292

I’m pretty sure it’s v4l2
and l not a 1

#293

thanks, I feel dumb. I’ll give a try.

#294

That got rid of the Unknown option error, but I’m getting that error “/usr/bin/ld: cannot open output file retroarch: Is a directory collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status makefile:195: recipe for target 'retroarch failed make: *** [retroarch] Error 1” when I do the cmd “make -j4”.

#295

LD retroarch
/usr/bin/ld: cannot open output file retroarch: Is a directory
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status makefile:195: recipe for target 'retroarch failed
make: *** [retroarch] Error 1

Is the full error.

#296

you have a RetroArch directory inside your retroarch folder

#297

Do I need to reinstall retroarch or remove the RetroArch directory? What file in retroarch would it be under?

Thanks,

#298

I think I found it and deleted it. Hopefully that fixes it.

1 Like
#299

Nice Post.

I’m just wondering that do I need to change the settings to get optimized performance with 1.7.6 on OS 0.3?

I got terrible sound on some NES games (eg.1943) with Nestopia UE.

Regards

#300

hi i think this is great but for some reason after i do the make -j4 it runs until it says “virtual memory exhausted: Cannot allocate memory”, I’ve done the make -j4 again and it happened again, should i restart?? or is there something i need to do. i will put a picture of what i have done
gameshell%20code%202 gameshell%20code%203 gameshell%20coding%201

#301

sorry the second and third are not in order

#302

you don’t have enough free ram on your system to compile this
try to add a swap file https://linuxize.com/post/create-a-linux-swap-file/
this will use sd card to fake more ram

(or wait anyone compile this and use his binary
that’s why i create custom repo, to share binary and trim all of this compile madness from lambda users)

#303

Thanks for the help r043v but when i try to make a swap file i get this
( cpi@clockworkpi:~ cd sudo fallocat -l 1G /swapfile -bash: cd: too many arguments) or (cpi@clockworkpi:~ cd sudo dd if=/dev/zero of=/swapfile bs=1024 count=1048576
-bash: cd: too many arguments)
I appreciate the help, also do you know where i can find a copy of the original retroarch file on the game shell just in case i mess things up and there’s too many files in the one i’m currently. I’m looking on github now to see if i can find one.

#304

why do you prefix commands with cd ?
cd is shell command for “Change Directory”

you may find current retroarch .so files in your gameshell into ~/apps/emulators/ directory, go rename original before overwrite it

#305

Thanks r043v for telling me about the cd I didn’t know that it was “change Directory” even thought it seems simple enough to realize that it is. I’m still pretty new to this stuff. And thanks for telling about where to find the .so file. I’ll try to redo the swap file when I get home without the cd prefix.

How Can I install dosbox-sdl2 version?
#306

Ok another one:

always run this first

export TARGET=~/.config/retroarch/cores/
mkdir -p ~/repositories/cores

Do this for builds that end up in an error due to not having enough RAM (so far DOSBox-SVN and gPSP)

sudo fallocate -l 1G ~/swap
sudo chmod 600 ~/swap
sudo mkswap ~/swap
sudo swapon ~/swap

DOSBox-SVN

sudo apt install libsdl-net1.2 libsdl-net1.2-dev libsdl1.2-dev libsdl1.2
cd ~/repositories/cores
git clone https://github.com/fr500/dosbox-svn.git
cd dosbox-svn
git checkout libretro
git submodule update --init
cd libretro
make -j8 WITH_DYNAREC=arm
cp -v *.so $TARGET

gPSP

cd ~/repositories/cores
git clone https://github.com/libretro/gpsp.git
cd gPSP
make platform=armv -j2
cp -v *.so $TARGET
#307

If someone can provide me instructions to make a buildroot for the CPI (or a way to run the image on a faster device) I can make a buildbot for you guys.