Retropie Emulationstaion transplant

Sorry if this is not helpful, but make sure to specify the path not just the file name. It also wants to be run with sudo in front of it. For example sudo ~/RetroPie-Setup/retropie_setup.sh.

This worked for me at least. I did not run it with any platform specified and it seems to install ok at first. Emulationstation can be run by adding a menu item in launcher that calls “emulationstation”.

Unfortunately the runcommand hangs on the cpi “loading…” screen every time it is invoked from within Emulationstation. Has anyone else run into this problem?

When I changed the Emulationstation es_systems.cfg file to call Retroarch directly as described in the awesome wiki https://github.com/clockworkpi/GameShellDocs/wiki/Install-Emulationstation-on-Gameshell it works to run games. Although this in itself is great, I would love to understand why the runcommand does not work.

Upon further investigation the issue does not even seem specific to the retropie runcommand. Calling retropie_setup.sh directly from Emulationstation hangs. Wait it even hangs on the loading screen when called directly from GameShell launcher! It seems that anything that tries to bring up the terminal style “windows” used in retropie_setup.sh brings up the GameShell “loading…” screen instead. Can anyone shed light on why this is happening and how to avoid it?

Thanks!

1 Like