Shows Invalid sign for Running N64 Roms

Right. So looks like the script ran fine and installed everything. But just to be sure, can you also check the contents of /usr/local/lib/mupen64plus/
This is to confirm if all the lib files exist, and the script finished. You can also type cd /usr/local/lib/mupen64plus/ to navigate to this directory from terminal, then type ls to list what is inside the directory.

Also check to see if your action.config is in

/home/cpi/apps/Menu/20_Retro\ Games/80__mupen64+/action.config

Since you’re using DinguxCommander, navigate here to view the file, and tell me what you see.
This is the file that tells your gameshell to open the mupen64plus binary from the location in the first paragraph, apply the needed parameters and load a rom.

Finally, check that you have a config file for mupen64plus+ in /home/cpi/.config/mupen64plus/
That has all the settings for mupen64plus configured to run quickly.

The fact that you have mupen64plus in the local bin directory means that it should work. You shouldn’t need to have a copy of this in the /home/cpi/apps/emulators directory. If you did want to try having one there though, you’ll need to edit your action.config file to tell it to look there. Let’s just confirm you’ve even got an action.config for mupen64plus.

At this stage, unless you’ve got a lot installed, I think it would seriously be worth formatting your card, and starting from scratch. I think you might have run the scripts where I was telling the previous person how to undo the typo I made. I have since removed if from the initial post. Can you let me know if that’s what you’ve done?

If you do format and start from scratch, just run this ONLY, doing each line. Let me know the output in terminal if it has any errors.

In all seriousness though, it will be easier and less time consuming if you just installed my custom community image with mupen64plus pre installed, along with a whole bunch of other useful things updated. This includes an updated kernel and an option to do a safe overclock which will allow mupen64plus fo run faster. I made the image to help people get started, especially for mupen64plus, which presented itself as the most problematic thing to install for people.

N64 is one of the hardest things to emulate well on any system. For this reason don’t expect absolute miracles on the gameshell. Some games work. Some don’t. Some run well, and some are playable but look terrible. I just don’t want you to spend so much time troubleshooting like this, only fo be disappointed. I’m going through the process of showing you how to troubleshoot, since I believe the gameshell is an educational device that can teach you how fo use Linux. Hopefully you’re also learning a few things from this.