Suggestions after 1 day usage (partially solved)

1. Though there is a document about the keymap of ABXY and lightkey, it is difficult for user to change the keymap on the fly for both RetroGame and RetroArch. Even if you press the key in in the Input Setting, the keymap won’t get changed.
    EDIT: check the 6th post for keybind in RetroArch.

2. No Wifi / Screen Off timer in Settings. You will have Wifi on at all time and screen lit up during ssh or scp… not good for battery life.

3. The console will boot up by itself when fully charge, not good if you let it go unattended. Like #2, the screen won’t go off…

4. The simulation is just OK for the platform I tested: NES / SNES / NEOGEO / SEGA GENESIS. Some audio, like out of sync, issue will need to be fixed.
    EDIT: check the 5th and 6th post

EDIT:
5. According to my usage, battery life is about 1.5hrs max. Your mileage may vary. Maybe it is time to buy some BL-5C.

5 Likes

Any more problems with emulators or just audio sync problems? (That’s not a big deal for me :slight_smile:

除了音频同步,游戏内可调键盘映射,我还想知道即时存档怎么用

The performance depends on which retroarch core you are using. For example, you will use mgba for GBA in most of the time. You can refer to a recommended core list here

2 Likes

Great, thanks for the link!

1 Like

你需要在RetroArch里设置键位映射及设置热键。具体如下:

1. Setting>Input>Bind Timeout 设为5秒;默认的是0,导致根本没办法映射。
  2. Setting>Input>Input Hotkey Binds,设置Load State、Save State、Menu toggle的映射就可以使用即时存档和游戏中调用主菜单了。
    即时存档的档位在游戏菜单里的State Slot设置。
  3. 音频同步在Audio里微调一下,自己按感觉调吧,没有太大变化。该卡的地方还是卡,也可以设置频显FPS参考一下。
    其实用法和其它平台的RetroArch一致,只是默认设置只为GS优化,所以需要按自己的使用习惯重新设置一下。

The default config for RetroArch is optimized for GS only. You may need to fine tune it according to your own preference.

1. Setting>Input>Bind Timeout. Default key bind time out is 0, you need to increase it so that you can map the key.
  2. Setting>Input>Input Hotkey Binds. Some hotkeys are configured as FN key or missing, such as Load / Save State and Menu toggle. Reassign them for best gaming experience.
  3. Audio sync issue can be partially solved in Audio setting, but not improved that much. FPS can be enabled to check the performance also.
3 Likes

键盘映射按照你的步骤设置完了,但还是没生效,进游戏按键还是调不出菜单,是我落了哪一步了吗:disappointed:

我这边没有问题,4个热键我都是用light key设置的。你可以把INPUT HOTKEY BINDS的画面拍照上传吗?
你也可以使用在ssh下是用nano打开设置文件看一下,路径~/.config/retroarch/retroarch.cfg
按ctrl+w,分别搜索load_state、save_state和input_menu_toggle,确认按键映射的值。如果不是你之前设置的值,你可以手动输入,譬如你想用LK4来打开菜单,那么input_menu_toggle的值就可以设置为"o"。设置完成后ctrl+o在ctrl+x退出。
这个方法不如你在retroarch里直接使用按键设置来的方便,但可以确保设置成功。

已经搞明白了,非常感谢,原来是要在retroarch里进,我一直都是设置完退出从MAME进,这样好麻烦

Please go to “settings -> Update” to upgrade the launcher.
We have added “Airplane Mode” and " Power Options" features.

4 Likes

Nice ! Quick reponse and coding as well ! Appreciated !

1 Like

My GS doesn’t seem to boot when fully charged like everyone else’s… is this new in the FW update? Or am I impatient lol.